• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CZ pistols

PossumsKitchen

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
13   0
Reaction score
Probably a dumb question. Because mine are all decocker set ups. But with a CZ ( primarily the 97 B) do you have the option of "half cocked" on the hammer? The B is a safety version without decocking lever.

The hammer is the same...so yes... halfcock exists on the safety only guns... but you have to manually lower the hammer.

To do it safely for guns with a firing pin block:
1) apply thumb between slide and hammer
2) pull trigger with finger in place
3) remove finger from trigger
4) remove thumb from between the hammer and slide
5) hammer falls to halfcock

Step 3 is vital. Can't go bang if you're not pressing the trigger... which bypasses the firing pin block.

For a CZ without a firing pin block... I'd recommend being extra careful... or avoiding all together.

yeppers as the guys have said!
on a modern CZ semi (that's a production gun --a B model) then you can carry the gun Cocked and locked, half cock, or hammer completely down safely.
Now some of the competition type pistols are not series B guns ( B means Block ) and have no firing pin block so you don't want to carry them completely hammer down.

Dirty J knows his stuff but you could also pinch the hammer with thumb and finger and lower to half cock. Still have to let go of trigger. I feel like I have good control over the hammer when I pinch it

Dirty J knows his stuff but you could also pinch the hammer with thumb and finger and lower to half ****. Still have to let go of trigger. I feel like I have good control over the hammer when I pinch it
Pinch method is fine.. until it's not!

I personally like hanging something firmly between the hammer and firing pin, while my finger is on the trigger, but to each their own! :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom