• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CZ Scorpion EVO Questions for Owners

Triggers are crap, But so cheap to fix. Mags are easy to find (now)

Yetiwerks makes awesome stuff to delete the safety and change grips.

Everything for them is dirt cheap.

The brace will be your most expensive accessory

I say go for it, the platform keeps dropping in price.

Triggers are crap, But so cheap to fix. Mags are easy to find (now)

Yetiwerks makes awesome stuff to delete the safety and change grips.

Everything for them is dirt cheap.

The brace will be your most expensive accessory

I say go for it, the platform keeps dropping in price.

Triggers are easy to upgrade, as long as you have the screwed in trigger pack and not the welded. I tried to drill out my welded pack and jacked it up bad. Luckily CZ replaced the whole lower for me for free.

I personally didn't have a problem with the grip, but I did change out my safety selectors immediately. Yes, the new ones have the 1/2 x 28. It comes with a birdcage-like flash hider on it. I specifically bought mine to be suppressed, so just waiting on my form to come back. I've got Shockwave brace on mine and like it. I have read about a company coming out with a brace called the Tailhook that will be a telescopic pistol brace that threads into anything that accepts an AR buffer tube. So I'll probably switch to that once it comes out. I think it is from GearHead Works, who makes the safety selectors that I bought. Very fun gun though.

I'll be getting that tail hook as well......as soon at they are released.

Love my carbine. So far it's been 100% reliable with any ammo I've tried, including Wolf steel case.

I did upgrade to a YetiWurks grip and the Parker Mtn Machine QD mounts but the only thing that you will really have to upgrade is the dang safety selector. It boggles my mind that they didn't fix this when they introduced the carbine in the US, after all the heat they took with the pistol.

I went with the HB Industries "AK style" lever on both sides and it's fantastic. Well worth the $28.

Love my carbine. So far it's been 100% reliable with any ammo I've tried, including Wolf steel case.

I did upgrade to a YetiWurks grip and the Parker Mtn Machine QD mounts but the only thing that you will really have to upgrade is the dang safety selector. It boggles my mind that they didn't fix this when they introduced the carbine in the US, after all the heat they took with the pistol.

I went with the HB Industries "AK style" lever on both sides and it's fantastic. Well worth the $28.

How do you like that grip? I was looking at replacing mine, just haven't decided which manufacturer or model to get. I know Yeti had 2 or 3 different grips for it.

I have the carbine and absolutely love it, eats anything I put in it.

I have upgraded the trigger springs and the trigger itself using HBindustries components.

They sell a special drill bit and replacement screw for under $10 - it was a very easy process to drill out the welded one.

Overall, its an interesting platform; very niche in nature.

I have the carbine and absolutely love it, eats anything I put in it.

I have upgraded the trigger springs and the trigger itself using HBindustries components.

They sell a special drill bit and replacement screw for under $10 - it was a very easy process to drill out the welded one.

Overall, its an interesting platform; very niche in nature.

Is the trigger upgrade worth it?

They sent me two left-side safeties instead of a right and left pair, so when they fixed it they included the trigger spring kit. Still sitting in it's bag since the trigger seems fine as-is.

But if it's easy to install and makes a noticeable difference, maybe I will give it a try.

Is the trigger upgrade worth it?

They sent me two left-side safeties instead of a right and left pair, so when they fixed it they included the trigger spring kit. Still sitting in it's bag since the trigger seems fine as-is.

But if it's easy to install and makes a noticeable difference, maybe I will give it a try.

Absolutely a necessity. Just make sure you get the big spring set in correctly.

Back
Top Bottom