• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cz shadow 2

Hunterrs

Wolf Icon Supporter
Frontiersman
104   0
Reaction score
I just bought my first CZ. I have only shot around a hundred rounds thru it. I plan to shoot steel challenge and monthly USPSA in Griffin for now. Any other shadow owners? What holster did you get and what upgrades have you done? Is it finicky for reloading?

Holster: https://benstoegerproshop.com/boss-dropped-offset-doh-holster-by-ben-stoeger-pro-shop/

Parts:
- 11# mainspring
- extended firing pin
- recoil spring for your ammo of choice

The Shadow 2 really doesn't need anything else. Sure, you can add more $$ and get minor improvements, but it's extremely diminishing returns after these parts

Not particularly finiky for reloading, just make sure your OAL is appropriate for the CZ chamber. Do the "plunk" test. Most "ball" ammo profiles need to be loaded to 1.10" or shorter. Truncated cone projectiles can usually go 1.12-1.13" - every chamber is different.

Holster: https://benstoegerproshop.com/boss-dropped-offset-doh-holster-by-ben-stoeger-pro-shop/

Parts:
- 11# mainspring
- extended firing pin

The Shadow 2 really doesn't need anything else. Sure, you can add more $$ and get minor improvements, but it's extremely diminishing returns after these parts

Not particularly finiky for reloading, just make sure your OAL is appropriate for the CZ chamber. Do the "plunk" test. Most "ball" ammo profiles need to be loaded to 1.10" or shorter. Truncated cone projectiles can usually go 1.12-1.13" - every chamber is different.
All this.

I'd probably also throw in a CGW floating trigger pin and a better set of grips.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Just shoot it as it came from the factory any upgrade done isnt really an upgrade it's just switching parts for no reason. They are 100% reliable with zero break in. I love mine.

Ehhhhh I wouldn't call taking a couple LBs off that double action pull "no reason".

Is it shootable? Sure. But it's a hell of a lot nicer with a lightened pull.

Easy enough to do myself with some YouTube help? Order the parts from CZ?

Parts:
- 11# mainspring
- extended firing pin

The mainspring and FP are a super easy swap. If you're remotely mechanically inclined... It's a slam dunk

Getting further inside, especially replacing sear cage parts gets a little tricker.

Back
Top Bottom