• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

DA/SA summer time carry .........?

Sig P365 is great. I know it's not DA/SA, but they make them with a safety or without.

OP asked for DA/SA ... not to mention the P365 is a Sig product (known shaky reliability, also awful trigger) - Springfield Hellcat is superior to it in literally every way except maybe a person's grip preference.

If not a Hellcat, OP, I'd say a Ruger LCP in .380? I can't think of another pocket DA that I'd trust. I had a S&W Bodyguard .380 I sold because it literally would not stop FTF/FTEing.

OP asked for DA/SA ... not to mention the P365 is a Sig product (known shaky reliability, also awful trigger) - Springfield Hellcat is superior to it in literally every way except maybe a person's grip preference.

If not a Hellcat, OP, I'd say a Ruger LCP in .380? I can't think of another pocket DA that I'd trust. I had a S&W Bodyguard .380 I sold because it literally would not stop FTF/FTEing.
Ok noob.

I looked for this forever and never found the right tool. Finally went to a .22wmr stubby.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 17
I hate asking dumb questions, but its a good way to learn....I have been reading up on the Springfield Hellcat and it has been getting great reviews and many rounds fired with no jams or problems. I know it is also striker fired as opposed to hammer. Why would you not even consider a striker fired pistol if it met the other criteria you listed. It carries a 10 or 13 round mag, so the extra capacity is nice. I am considering one because of the size but after reading your post I am starting to second guess myself. Again, I am not an expert and the more knowledge I can get from you seasoned guys will help me make better decisions. Thanks

I hate asking dumb questions, but its a good way to learn....I have been reading up on the Springfield Hellcat and it has been getting great reviews and many rounds fired with no jams or problems. I know it is also striker fired as opposed to hammer. Why would you not even consider a striker fired pistol if it met the other criteria you listed. It carries a 10 or 13 round mag, so the extra capacity is nice. I am considering one because of the size but after reading your post I am starting to second guess myself. Again, I am not an expert and the more knowledge I can get from you seasoned guys will help me make better decisions. Thanks

Different folks prefer different types of triggers. One isn’t any better than the other, overall, just.......different. For instance, my duty weapon is a DA/SA and that’s what I have to carry. So, I carry a DA/SA off-duty as well.

I looked for this forever and never found the right tool. Finally went to a .22wmr stubby.
Is that an H&R or NEF ? I dig those revolvers but they're all in 32 Long or 32 Magnum. Nothing wrong with that since I already own guns in 32 Long. But I would really dig one in 22WMR especially if it had an 8 round cylinder.

I prefer DA/SA or DAO for CC, for a heavy first trigger because I'm getting on up in age and it pretty much alleviates a ND from a light trigger and also no thinking involved in a stressful situation. Ive shot and trained with cocked and locked all my life and transitioned over about 5-6 years ago for a little more safety. Muscle memory is a great asset when you're young but tends to fade when you slow your training and get older..... my 02

Is that an H&R or NEF ? I dig those revolvers but they're all in 32 Long or 32 Magnum. Nothing wrong with that since I already own guns in 32 Long. But I would really dig one in 22WMR especially if it had an 8 round cylinder.
It’s a six rounder. H&R model 642. I’d gladly trade for a .32 long. I see .22wmr on YouTube get 16in of penetration and I always worry about over penetrating in a SD scenario. I’d take .32long over .22mag.

I prefer DA/SA or DAO for CC, for a heavy first trigger because I'm getting on up in age and it pretty much alleviates a ND from a light trigger and also no thinking involved in a stressful situation. Ive shot and trained with cocked and locked all my life and transitioned over about 5-6 years ago for a little more safety. Muscle memory is a great asset when you're young but tends to fade when you slow your training and get older..... my 02
I agree. If my draw isn’t perfect with my 1911 it’s another half second to flick that safety. Pull, point, shoot is a very simple training regimen.

Back
Top Bottom