• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dale Murphy a HOF'er

Shoeless Joe was better. Pete Rose was better. Heck, Fred McGriff may have been better at his position. Roger Maris isn’t in, an was probably the ‘Murph’ of his time. Edgar Martinez was better. Jack Morris was better.

Dale was very very very very very very good. He wasn’t great. Greatness is what should get you into the Hall.

I agree... We all know why Rose ain’t in. I also agree with your assessment of Murphy. His HOF credentials were also hurt by his last few years of playing. I just wish he was in because i’m a fan and because he achieved what he did during some rough years with not much support in the lineup.

Just going by stats, some could argue Andruw Jones was just as good as Murphy. Although I would not make that argument. You put Murphy in the lineup Andruw got to bat in and Murphy would have been a Hall of Famer for sure. Just imagine what Murphy’s average and RBI’s would have looked like had he played a decade or more later. Fun to think about.

We all love Murphy because of who he is. His faith, character and personality!

I say yes, but problem for dale is he played in the dark era for the the bravos.
True. Back then if someone offered free tickets to the game you:

- turned them down without a second thought
- went home and watched something other than the game on TV
- Didn't listen to the game highlights on the radio the next morning

Back
Top Bottom