• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

DAMN IT! I didn't see the ****ing W.I.C. book!

I've proudly avoided stepping foot in a Walmart for almost a year now. I just can't do it. Kroger is almost getting as bad around here in Macon. It's slowly becoming Walmart in that regard. I'll spend more to go to Publix to avoid the W.I.C. users for the most part. Damn right I'm elitist. I wish there was a Costco here....

I keep hoping for a whole foods or other "organic" type grocery store.

I've proudly avoided stepping foot in a Walmart for almost a year now. I just can't do it. Kroger is almost getting as bad around here in Macon. It's slowly becoming Walmart in that regard. I'll spend more to go to Publix to avoid the W.I.C. users for the most part. Damn right I'm elitist. I wish there was a Costco here....

I live in the Lawrenceville poop epicenter. I have Publix, 2 Krogers, Aldi, and Lidl within 3 miles from my house, all are trashed by the customers. If I drive 6 miles to Kroger, 8 miles to Aldi the stores are nice, clean, and organized with a better selection of goods. I haven't been in Wally World in several years.

Quit y'all's bitching. Walmart is the fanciest place to shop in thomaston GA :lol:

We got a Piggly wiggly that smells like rotten pigs feet, pretty sure it's ran by undiagnosed autistics. Every shopper pays with EBT and no one is sneaking up on you because the floors so sticky you can hear where every shopper is at all times.

Then there's Ingles, where they have the same stuff as Walmart, but less and it's twice as expensive. Burnt rotisserie chickens, and half rotten produce and meats, when the produce and meat become full rotten they mark them down 5% and call it "today's special".

Walmart is all I got, but atleast the one here has decent produce and meats.

Me too, although I’ve made it about 2.5 years. Except for that emergency trip to the bathroom just at the beginning of Covid.

the Walmart up here is almost unshoppable now. They made all the aisles narrower so they could fit the huge pickup center over by tire and auto. Two people can no longer pass on an aisle and the order pickers wander the store blocking everything. To make matters worse, they are now stocking in the day so the center aisles are full of pallets full of stuff and people with pallet jacks are all over the store mixed in with the order pickers, and the 6 of us are dumb enough to be in the store.

Then let us not forget the floor cleaner that is automated and drives itself around unmanned and for some reason, they think the middle of the day with everything going on is a better time for that thing to roam around beeping loud as hell rather than doing it at night when nobody is in the building.

I tried doing the pickup thing but half the stuff they brought me was wrong so that's not an option.

When I do wander in to get something, I make a point to run into as many order pickers and pallet jack operators as possible while in the store, bonus points for a random employee walking while looking at their phone. If that stupid floor cleaner makes the mistake of coming anywhere near me, I make a point to hit the emergency stop on it and leave it stranded wherever it is. No joke, I did it once on a Sunday by the milk, and when I went back Tuesday morning to get something, it was still sitting there.

and don't even get me started on the dumbass manager who told me I need to pay her sales tax on the item I brought into the store with me, with a receipt, that I owned, because I purchased it in Montana and they don't have sales tax.
giphy(6).gif

Same here on avoiding walmart. Been almost 2 years I reckon since I set foot in one. Every time I step foot in a Kroger, I feel like I need a shower when I get home. Sorry, never been in one that wasn't ghetto as hell.
So, I guess you haven't been to the one down here that has everything; including a bar for husbands to wait while their wives shop.

Back
Top Bottom