• Be fired at the end of this season

Votes: 30 41.7%
  • Still be HC come next season

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Drive a Taco

Votes: 8 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Last year was nuts with all the injuries. That’s over. Then they went and fixed the offensive line (or tried to) between free agency and the draft. This is supposed to be an improved team. I am pulling for them to get on track. If they don’t, Quinn is probably done.

Gonna be hard to fire him after they win the Superbowl this year.

E8A8A5A3-16C7-4F80-9221-C07DFD18F100.gif

I have watched them since the mid 70s. I think he'll still be here next year if they start winning some games, because Arthur likes him and the players like him. However he signed a 5 yr deal in Feb 2015, so they may just let the deal end if things don't improve. Overall he still has a winning record...for now.

The team has a lot of talented players, but on game day they seem to make too many mistakes (penalties), have bad offensive plays called in and also just don't execute for the full 60 minutes.

I'm very disappointed in the results... I'd hate to scrap just the head coach when everybody shares the blame. He is the one calling defense now so he shoulders blame when they are in the wrong defense or they seem to be caught off guard by what the other team is doing. That appears to be lack of preparation to me... But the players must catch the ball, make the block, make the field goal - when the game is on the line.

Ryan can't throw well when he's running for his life and in that situation he starts making costly mistakes. Sometimes just taking a sack is best - trying to force a pass just hands the ball over.

Mike Smith got fired after he did a lot to help the team - so Arthur may fire Quinn too. I'm sure he wants a super bowl ring badly. Of course the other question is whom do you hire to replace him? Some other former head coach that was just fired from another team? :noidea: How is that really better? :noidea:

easy. you hand Lincoln Riley a check and tell him to fill in the numbers as he sees fit.

Perhaps. But first ask Steve Spurrier how easy the college to pro transition is. College success isn't a guarantee for NFL wins. Sure it can be done (Jimmy Johnson) but he's the exception. It's not easy to get results when you have so many holes to fill and only so many spare dollars in cap space. If you could just write checks to buy super bowl victories, then Jerry Jones would have bought about 2 dozen!

Perhaps. But first ask Steve Spurrier how easy the college to pro transition is. College success isn't a guarantee for NFL wins. Sure it can be done (Jimmy Johnson) but he's the exception. It's not easy to get results when you have so many holes to fill and only so many spare dollars in cap space. If you could just write checks to buy super bowl victories, then Jerry Jones would have bought about 2 dozen!

Sure I can understand that logic. However if given the choice between young unproven offensive genius from college or a recycled already been fired 3 times NFL guy. I’d go with the unknown. Why not? You already suck. What’s a little more not winning gonna hurt ya. You might hit the lotto.

Sure I can understand that logic. However if given the choice between young unproven offensive genius from college or a recycled already been fired 3 times NFL guy. I’d go with the unknown. Why not? You already suck. What’s a little more not winning gonna hurt ya. You might hit the lotto.

As long as you go into it with the expectations that it could take 5 MORE yrs to get back to the playoffs, then great. Just don't expect him to work miracles where Quinn couldn't. I hate to see 2 or 3 more seasons of a new head coach rebuilding the team again: getting new asst coaches, new players, new offensive play book and planning his picks in the draft. Sheesh..we've already done that so many times. I just want results.

Now if Bill Belichick became available that would be another story...he's a proven winner over many seasons, with different players (built around Brady of course). I might just write a big check there!

Back
Top Bottom