• Be fired at the end of this season

Votes: 30 41.7%
  • Still be HC come next season

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Drive a Taco

Votes: 8 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Most teams fall into this trap. It’s one of the reasons the idea of making a run at the super bowl with a QB on his rookie contract is such a popular notion. The Seahawks formula. As soon as Russel Wilson got paid talent left the team at other positions and they’ve never been dominant again.

Regarding Matt Ryan and his contract....
He signed a 5 year, $150 million contract extension in May 2018. He got $94.5 million fully guaranteed at signing - made up of his 2018, 2019, and 2020 base salaries plus a $46.5 million signing bonus and $10 million option bonus. Plus $5.5 million of his 2021 salary is guaranteed for injury and becomes fully guaranteed on the 3rd day of the 2019 league year. He will earn $7.5 million in roster bonuses in 2022 and 2023 provided he is on the roster on the 3rd day of the respective league year. The extension lowers Ryan's 2018 cap charge by $3.95 million.
Got all that...? :boom:

It is old news, but I haven’t forgotten their actions that is still being practiced today.
Well what I meant was, in the last couple of seasons there really haven't been any players protesting or kneeling. And if they do, they aren't showing them or talking about them. It's kind of like it was a fad that went away.

Pretty much. I think the NFL realized what it was doing to it's fan base and put a stop to it. They probably just make them stay in the locker room now until game time.

Yeah NFL could see lower attendance and tv ratings. The teams have to appease the players but look out for the feelings of the typical fan. I still think it hurt the NFL in the long run. Nobody has hired Kaepernick because they know he'll be very controversial on and off the field and no team wants to deal with that. Even if he could produce a lot of wins (doubtful at this point) he'd still turn off half of the fan base. They just wanted the problem to go away.

Regarding Matt Ryan and his contract....
He signed a 5 year, $150 million contract extension in May 2018. He got $94.5 million fully guaranteed at signing - made up of his 2018, 2019, and 2020 base salaries plus a $46.5 million signing bonus and $10 million option bonus. Plus $5.5 million of his 2021 salary is guaranteed for injury and becomes fully guaranteed on the 3rd day of the 2019 league year. He will earn $7.5 million in roster bonuses in 2022 and 2023 provided he is on the roster on the 3rd day of the respective league year. The extension lowers Ryan's 2018 cap charge by $3.95 million.
Got all that...? :boom:

Not at all do I have all that. Falcons are all in on Ryan through 2022 though. Cap hit starting next season is going to be more than doubled.

Tell me something.... How many times has any coach ran passed, kicked a field goal handed the ball off, or punted???? The falcons suck and will suck no matter who is the coach. Look at the good quarter backs they've had, I don't care how good your backs are, how good the receivers are, if the don't have the blocking, they' re going no where. Any average running back can gain yardage if holes are there, the greatest can't if they aren't

Tell me something.... How many times has any coach ran passed, kicked a field goal handed the ball off, or punted???? The falcons suck and will suck no matter who is the coach. Look at the good quarter backs they've had, I don't care how good your backs are, how good the receivers are, if the don't have the blocking, they' re going no where. Any average running back can gain yardage if holes are there, the greatest can't if they aren't

I've never seen a coach miss a blocking assignment or drop a wide open pass or hold on a crucial third down in the 4th quarter. what it boils down to is coaches coach but they don't play. players do.

Back
Top Bottom