• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dang this heat and drought

WLhunter

Wolf Icon
ODT Junkie!
62   0
Reaction score
Got seed in the ground and turkeys everywhere loving it. Nothing moving so far in Twiggs..need some rain
20190914_184121.jpg

I'm just waiting for a good stretch of rain so that I get my food plots down.
we planted ours a week and a half ago. I questioned it then, and i'll question it now.
Think it was a mistake.
We had TWO work days on two different weekends. I showed up for both. (cough cough). about 1/3 of the folks showed up each time. We usually have more, but as every year goes on and we get new faces, they just want to hunt and not help. I like the rule, no work, no hunt. But it is not my call. :(

Definitely was a rush job. Didn't help that the soil was like concrete. I suggested plowing, but disc harrow was what they said. OK, no problem boss. Disc harrow just scratched the surface.

I'll be after hogs this year. Heck w/ the deer.

I hear a fronts coming through Wed, and will be cooling off for the weekend. It's been dryer than usual and we haven't been in conservation mode. I wonder why no water restrictions?

I hear a fronts coming through Wed, and will be cooling off for the weekend. It's been dryer than usual and we haven't been in conservation mode. I wonder why no water restrictions?
Hopefully!
But
I don't trust these weather ppl at all.
Friday we had a 7% chance of rain and it started to POUR like a son of a gun. Working on my boat, everything got soaked. By the time I grabbed my parts and tools I looked like I was in a pool.
Blah on the weather ppl.

Hopefully!
But
I don't trust these weather ppl at all.
Friday we had a 7% chance of rain and it started to POUR like a son of a gun. Working on my boat, everything got soaked. By the time I grabbed my parts and tools I looked like I was in a pool.
Blah on the weather ppl.

Me neither. I believe I could forecast better by looking out the window most of the time. :lol:

Ya we are below Macon and supposed to get rain off of Dorian only reason I took tractor down. I use a harrow but ours are established plots..and I put a lot of railroad steel on it! People are the same in ours tho. 3 of really work and the rest go play.

Back
Top Bottom