• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

danger of rechambering same round

Im glad this was brought up because I never thought about it until now. I'll put the caliper to 45 rounds of 9mm HST when I get home tonight and post up the results. I know 3 that have been in the camber, the rest have only been in the mags.

Before I knew "bubba loading" one into the chamber was a bad thing I would load my chambered round that way. I discovered that doing it that way would set the bullet back into the casing. Loading from the magazine does not, or at least has not thus far. I do not know why it works that way but I know I can recreate it if I try.

My carry pistol is for 24\7 self defense ,so I'm not unloading it all the time .

When I go to the range I look at my carry ammo to inspect for any problems.

I can see how this would be a serious issue if someone unloads their gun real regular.

Well....this has shed light to my edc. I didn't think about the bullet seating farther and/or building unsafe pressure.

I chamber and unchamber my G19 every time I leave the house...I have small children and I don't carry inside my house and I don't like leaving a chambered weapon unattended outside of my safe...

So needless to say...I have chambered this same round countless times in the last 6 months....when I started carrying a G19 again.

I noticed the bullet had tarnished from me touching it several times a day....but I never noticed the placement of the bullet was deeper.

dac58ab467a5fa08ee7f4891f04eed86.jpg

I don't know what my plan will be from here on out....I can't put the round out of service every time I enter the house and unchamber...I cannot afford that much ammo. Lol

I don't want to leave it chambered all the time either....even out of sight hidden. I don't keep my HD shotguns chambered either. I just don't want to be the next 'child finds gun and accidentally shoots self/sibling.' (Yes I speak to my kids about safety constantly...they know about my guns and know never to touch the trigger unless we are aiming at a target....etc)

What are my options?

Well....this has shed light to my edc. I didn't think about the bullet seating farther and/or building unsafe pressure.

I chamber and unchamber my G19 every time I leave the house...I have small children and I don't carry inside my house and I don't like leaving a chambered weapon unattended outside of my safe...

So needless to say...I have chambered this same round countless times in the last 6 months....when I started carrying a G19 again.

I noticed the bullet had tarnished from me touching it several times a day....but I never noticed the placement of the bullet was deeper.

dac58ab467a5fa08ee7f4891f04eed86.jpg

I don't know what my plan will be from here on out....I can't put the round out of service every time I enter the house and unchamber...I cannot afford that much ammo. Lol

I don't want to leave it chambered all the time either....even out of sight hidden. I don't keep my HD shotguns chambered either. I just don't want to be the next 'child finds gun and accidentally shoots self/sibling.' (Yes I speak to my kids about safety constantly...they know about my guns and know never to touch the trigger unless we are aiming at a target....etc)

What are my options?

Turns out to be a good warning OP. Thanks for the heads up.

In for the solution to the above inquiry

Back
Top Bottom