• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Daniel Defense ARs...

DD caught some flak recently for moving to a new facility and laying off something like 100 workers without warning, pretty ****ty imo.
Well that doesn't surprise me since the herds of people rushing out to buy ARs is over. They have a ton of guns out on shelves and they aren't moving like the the inexpensive ones are. So it stands to reason they cut back to a smaller work force. I mean it wasn't going to last forever. It may come back but not any time soon.

LWRC DI Bronze 5.56 $1217 (sometimes $1166)
LWRC DI Black 5.56 $1046
That's a crazy low price on those rifles. I can see a lot of higher line rifles coming down. With companies like S&W, Ruger and Colt offerings at such insane value for the product prices they have no other choice. Sure there are guys out there that will still pay the big prices but the hay day is over. At some point the name alone isn't going to cut it. They have to become more economical and offer attractive prices to stay in business. The days of 2,000 dollar AR's flying of the shelves is over. I remember when the DPMS LR308's going from 1,400 to 900 overnight. Sooner or later the higher line rifles are going to follow suit. Normally I wouldn't care who makes the gun, if I can go out and buy a stripped Colt LE6920 for 678 bucks and slap on a handguard and stock I am going Colt every time. However, now that companies like LWRC are offering there rifles at such reasonable prices it makes you back up and say " Hey! Wait a minute ".

Colt is still a damn good gun so I plan on getting one of those here in the near future. It will be the second shelf rifle I have and a safe full of AR's. It's just to good of a price to pass up.

I use a ton of DD parts in my builds. I use there BCG's for my 6.8 builds when I don't go Nib. NiB BCG are insanely high. I like the fact that my parts show up in like two days. Very handy.

Back
Top Bottom