• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Daniel Defense M4A1 SOCOM fsb cutout upper $674 free shipping

Yep, it's been on sale for a little while. Considered it myself, but I have one already. Actually, the M4A1 was my very first AR and it is still unfired, which is why I probally don't need another one.

IMG_0729.JPG

View attachment 1486718

I have to ask... what makes it so special? I have a Sig M400 SWAT (bottom one in pic above) with a similar rail cutout but don't know what to appreciate in the design I suppose.

It has a NSN--It is actually in use by the U.S. SOCOM. The non-fsp is used also but is more common. Something to note, only the FDE ones have an NSN. The black ones do not and so they're not technically correct for a clone build.

M4A1 FSP RAIL INTERFACE SYSTEM (RIS) II
Daniel Defense is the Sole Source Provider of the RIS II to the United States Special Operations Command!

The Daniel Defense Rail Interface System (RIS II) was designed at the request of the United States Special Operations Command (SOCOM) for the SOPMOD II program. SOCOM had a specific requirement for a free float M203 solution and Daniel Defense responded, designing a revolutionary product to meet the government’s need. The Daniel Defense RIS II allows the individual operator to free float the M203 grenade launcher without additional parts. As importantly, special tools are not required to mount the M203 grenade launcher. This was accomplished by integrating all of the needed parts to free float the M203 into the rail itself. The Daniel Defense RIS II M4A1 FSP feature a cut-out in the top rail to accommodate a standard front sight base on a carbine-length gas system.

NSN # 1005-01-566-5280

Back
Top Bottom