• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Daniel Defense Omega Rail

gamadmex4502

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
116   0
Reaction score
I've had a Stag AR in 6.8 SPC II for a while now, although I've yet to take it the range. But that will happen soon. The caliber was recommended to me by a former work colleague who was a Marine Force Recon operator. Rifles in 6.8 SPC II at the time was not a hugely popular caliber, and it's even harder to find now. At any rate I got 2 rifles and one of them was this Stag, which has a very good reputation. I am a big fan of floating rails, but the only option with the Stag was the A2 front sight post. But the price and reputation were good, so I decided to get one anyway.

Fast forward to this past week and the recent political climate, and I thought about finally upgrading the Stag. However, installing a true floating rail would be something that I was not prepared to do. I don't have the equipment, and it would be a gunsmith operation, which when added to the cost of the rail itself, would have approached the cost of the original rifle. So a drop-in rail option was what I chose. After doing some research I decided on the Daniel Defense Omega Rail. I have had a few DD rifles in the past, and I have one now. So I am very familiar with their quality and workmanship. It certainly was not the lease expensive option, but I wanted to use something that would get as close to what I really wanted without breaking the bank.

Long story short, installation was quite easy and fairly fast, although the tightening of the set screws with the hex key was tedious. The rail is solid and I think it looks great. It even comes with 3 rail covers. In summary I believe it was worth the $199 that I paid for it. I will know more once I go to the range, but right now I am sold.

Attachments

• IMG_20200926_185728.jpg
    IMG_20200926_185728.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20200926_185738.jpg
    IMG_20200926_185738.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 13
DD has solid options for a rail while keeping your FSB. Centurion Arms does, as well. My primary carbine for years was a DD pre-V1 with FSB.

If you ever decide you want to go in a different direction, let me know. Come by the shop and I’ll cut down and reshape the FSB for you at no charge, while you wait. Here’s an example of what it looks like when done.

C203BB4D-7BB7-412D-8842-B91959112D2D.jpeg

DD has solid options for a rail while keeping your FSB. Centurion Arms does, as well. My primary carbine for years was a DD pre-V1 with FSB.

If you ever decide you want to go in a different direction, let me know. Come by the shop and I’ll cut down and reshape the FSB for you at no charge, while you wait. Here’s an example of what it looks like when done.

View attachment 2841972

Thank you! I will keep that in mind.

Back
Top Bottom