• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

DanielDefence question

SamSamson

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
107   1
Reaction score
Hi folks, I traded into an AR15 a while back and was wanting to get some info on it for if I decided to trade or sell it. It is a DanielDefence M4V1 as far as I can tell from an old Midway USA ad. Ive talked to DD CS guys twice. The first guy seemed to know more and according to him this was 1 of their first guns before they got their CHF machines. The bbl is button swaged which to my knowledge is good, and he said that I probably would'nt be able to shoot it out much easier than the CHF bbl, and it is more accurate than I am. Its dressed in an OmegaX 12.0 FSB, 2 piece freefloat quadrail thats cut out around the A2 front sight. It only says DanielDefence on 1 spot and without any model designation. I was afraid it was some sort of counterfeit but he said it was legit. The lower is a ShadowOpsWeaponry which I read about and Its really a great looking and functioning lower. the only complaint I have on it is the ambi selector switch is stiffer than I like but thats not really an issue. The SOW company was dissolved by the IRS and from my take on them they went down because of hostilities between owners, definitly not quality issues. If anyone could tell me what value I could put on these or any other info I'd appreciate it.

Attachments

• 028.jpg
    028.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 41
  • 025.jpg
    025.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 40
If you are wanting to sell or trade, just put a value that you are comfortable parting with it at or what you would want to trade it for. It is a frankin gun so its not a complete DD. if a complete DD i would suspect you could get $1,200-$1,400 ish depending on the day. the DD upper on your rile goes for around $1,000 new. Realistically I would think you would get between $800-$1,100 for it depending on what all you will throw in and condition...this is just my opinion and take it for what its worth..

My own personal opinion, but probably looking in the $900/$1,000 tops range as a complete rifle. People have hard-ons for cold hammer forged barrels these days. Most don't know why, other than most AR barrels are CHF. I like the look of the the old school DD rails cut out for a FSP. The lower is all but negligible on the rifle. Nothing special about it, and unless it comes with a nice trigger in it, don't see if being worth any more than say an Anderson. Again, all my own personal opinion, so take is as you wish. Somebody may very well be looking for that upper since it is a first run and button rifled, but then again, I don't really know. You may have better luck selling the upper separately on GB for that matter alone. ODT has developed somewhat of a mob mentality on pricing that everything is worth 50% of the lowest price that anything has ever been listed at anywhere online.

So it’s a build with an early DD upper?
i just now saw these replies, still dont know much about navigating this site. Yes, the first CS guy said it was before they got their CHF machines and going by the bbl stampings it is a DD. I called a second time months later to see if they could give me a model spec and when I said it had the Omega X hg on it he said it was probably an early unspecified model they sold thru Midway USA. I found it on Midway website and its called the DD M4V1. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom