• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

DARPA

Wouldn't doubt it. I looked through my medical records the other day and realized I was vaccinated for H1N1 and told it was a flu shot, and this was in 2009, when it first came out.

We got the nasal thing in Hawaii instead of the flu shot. Ever got 1?

We got the nasal thing in Hawaii instead of the flu shot. Ever got 1?

ya, hawaii was the only place i got the nasal at. pretty cool, but i swear i just spit it all back out in one massive snorting loogy right after lol

ouch, this made me remember my anthrax shots for some reason lol.

Wouldn't doubt it. I looked through my medical records the other day and realized I was vaccinated for H1N1 and told it was a flu shot, and this was in 2009, when it first came out.

H1N1 is a type of flu. It was just a strain that spread more rapidly than some. (It was a kind of "bird flu." ) What scares scientists the most is the concept of a strain of the flu incubating and mutating in pigs or birds and then becoming airborne. It would be a true SHTF.

If you guys want to talk about something that can wipe millions or even a couple billion off the face of the planet in a hurry-the good ol flu is by far the best candidate.

Scary thing about the disease is how quickly and efficiently it mutates. Only a matter of time before another 1919 hits.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1918_flu_pandemic

(Only this time would be much, much worse. Same day air travel could easily spread a similar strain so fast that a billion or so could die. At the rate the virus mutates, this really is just a matter of time.)

Be glad you got the vaccination. I ended up getting H1N1 "Swine Flu". Spent a day puking, and other fun fluids coming out before going to Wilford Hall and spent 8 hours getting fluids pumped back in because I couldn't hold water down at that point. Found out later that some of the docs had a bet about me b/c that was around the time people were dying from it.

Be glad you got the vaccination. I ended up getting H1N1 "Swine Flu". Spent a day puking, and other fun fluids coming out before going to Wilford Hall and spent 8 hours getting fluids pumped back in because I couldn't hold water down at that point. Found out later that some of the docs had a bet about me b/c that was around the time people were dying from it.

The flu is very scary! Anyone who has had a strain like that knows how bad it gets.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_flu_pandemic

That particular strain killed around 300,000 worldwide.

I never really will understand why more people don't think the flu is very serious. It is a very frightening disease. The mutation rate alone really keeps the attention of researchers. They understand how easily it could get out of hand and kill a heck of a lot more.

The flu is very scary! Anyone who has had a strain like that knows how bad it gets.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_flu_pandemic

That particular strain killed around 300,000 worldwide.

I never really will understand why more people don't think the flu is very serious. It is a very frightening disease. The mutation rate alone really keeps the attention of researchers. They understand how easily it could get out of hand and kill a heck of a lot more.
No kidding. I was out of it when I posted about getting it, but the main reason the docs were concerned about my survival, and kept me so long was my fever. Spiked to 105 when I was waiting to get seen. Nurse told me 106, and they start icing you down.

Back
Top Bottom