• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dave Ramsey

Which card gives 6% back on groceries?

Not sure if there is any others but the American Express Cash Preferred I have is 6% on groceries, 3% on gas, and 1% on everything else. There is a $95 annual fee on it though. I don't have an issue with it as I usually can cover that in 2-3 months of use.

Davish Respsones:
Mortgage without credit can be achieved through manual underwriting.
No opinion on the insurance premium vs. credit score, I've never heard of such but could see it.
The entire premise of Dave Ramsey is to get a way from payments and pay cash for everything, when you take a loan, whether 0% interest or not, you're still making payments. You would still be buying a depreciating asset, that you're making payments on whether it's interest free or not.
it can be done with manual underwriting but churchill mortgage has stupid high origination fees and if you have a zero credit score it is based off a 620 score so you take a heck of a beating on the rate- Local Mortgage officer

I'm not saying it can't be done. But the cost of living has far outpaced what people earn these days. And financing a mortgage isn't the devil. Factoring in what you pay for rent, vs putting that same exact money towards a mortgage, the mortgage wins every time. Because at the end of that I'll own a house. Paying rent gets me nothing in the end.

the way i always say it is "the people who own the house your renting are not loosing money you being there"

Insurance on loans is a crock. My advice is you can still borrow if you're living within your means. Don't finance a house that's over your budget. There is such thing as responsible credit use. I've been doing fine. Plenty stashed away for savings, retirement, and emergency funds.

that all depends on what loan you get . FHA it doesnt matter if you only owe 20k on a 200k house you are still going to pay it. conventional you only pay till you own 22% for automatic removal or 20% you can call and request removal

Easy one, goto Churchill Morage. If you have 10 to 20% and a solid work history your credit score is just a** wipe. I've used them twice and they matched at did better with the rates. Then pay it off ASAP.

if you had 0 credit score they rate you at a 620 credit score. and even their 620 is high compared to most brokers. and i know thier closing costs have a **** ton of extra BS fees . i believe they even have a $500 ish dollar basically "dave fee"

**First, I agree being completely debt free**

I was looking at 9%-12%+ mortgage rates so the decision was easy.

It's too late for me but my kids can borrow mortgage money at 3.50% for 30 years. I believe that they can earn more investing to stocks in 30 years than the 3.5%? Just a thought.

I am sure glad that I stayed married so I didn't lose half my stuff. I know guys that have lost half their stuff twice (2X divorce).

I got with the original program and just bought a new 2020 Porsche 911 for cash. It's here today up on Lake Lanier.

20Porsche.jpg

20Porsche1.jpg

20Porsche2.jpg

It works.

**First, I agree being completely debt free**

I was looking at 9%-12%+ mortgage rates so the decision was easy.

It's too late for me but my kids can borrow mortgage money at 3.50% for 30 years. I believe that they can earn more investing to stocks in 30 years than the 3.5%? Just a thought.

I am sure glad that I stayed married so I didn't lose half my stuff. I know guys that have lost half their stuff twice (2X divorce).

I got with the original program and just bought a new 2020 Porsche 911 for cash. It's here today up on Lake Lanier.

20Porsche.jpg

20Porsche1.jpg

20Porsche2.jpg

It works.

I bought a Porsche 944 back in 1986 when I was single and stationed in Germany. Got that out of my system. Now even though debt free I listen to Dave and Clark Howard and don't spend a lot on a large asset that depreciates.

I'll buy a 2 year old car with under 40,000 miles and around $15,000. I tend to keep them around 10 years.

I'd rather spend money on a 20 day cruise through the Panama Canal to Seattle or take my wife and 2 sons on a trip to Dublin, Edinburgh and London.

Paid in cash.

JMHO.

..I'll buy a 2 year old car with under 40,000 miles and around $15,000. I tend to keep them around 10 years...

I started with nothing. I saved and invested.

I am an older guy. I am up 300% in the last 10 years on my stock investments.

Since I started with the Ramsey investment strategy earlier than most folks, I say that I can then splurge for something I always wanted without getting off-track on my goals.

Back
Top Bottom