• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dave Ramsey

I know nothing about the Dave Ramsey method/methods. The only debt I have is a mortgage that is maybe 10% paid off. I contribute to a matching 401k and have another Trad IRA I contribute to regularly. We pay 10% extra on our mortgage every month. (30 year)

Is there anything moreI can learn from Dave Ramsey? I get the impression he is for folks swamped in debt. (Student, CC, car loan, etc)
He was millions in debt, and came up with this idea that ended up getting himself not only out of debt, but very wealthy now. Yes his methods do cater towards those drowning in debt, but his principles can easily be applied to those not in debt and help you stay away from getting in to the kind of financial trouble he did. It sounds like you're doing pretty well already with what you're doing. Long story short, some people can't save money or handle their finances and his advice is pretty solid for them.

It's really simple if you think about it? For me anyhow (Not a renter). If you're "middle class" you can have a house that's the envy of "some" with a big payment and have no extra money for doing things you would enjoy doing Or you can have a house that's functional/acceptable and enjoy your life at any and all ages Not just when/if you make it to dang near retirement age . If living minimally turns you on? Knock yourself out . Most of the folks i went to school with that bought a Big&Beautiful house have long lost it . My views are not for everybody cause to be honest I'm happy for folks that have those big&beautiful houses if they are happy about it But the ones that are all show....I just don't care what they have

If you borrow money, how much are you paying for A&H insurance on the loan? If you get bad sick or injured how you gonna pay the note?

Yes, I once sold loans
Insurance on loans is a crock. My advice is you can still borrow if you're living within your means. Don't finance a house that's over your budget. There is such thing as responsible credit use. I've been doing fine. Plenty stashed away for savings, retirement, and emergency funds.

I’m interested in flipping some houses.
I wasn't even planning to "flip" . We were about to get married and had about a year to look for deals. We got with a good real estate Lady and told her what kind'a money we wanted to spend. Ended up finding an all brick full electric ranch in a Golf community for $50k (this was 1994 but we bought the hudd we are in now for the same amount) . You can expect to put new floors,roof,and paint into it for that kind of money and the more work you do yourself the better. It's hard to find a woman that will be ok with all that LOL We knew we didn't want to stay in our first house when we moved in.

Take the dive. I've finished all of them and living debt free five years. Budget, mind set and stay committed to it.

When your friends are paying done their 60k trucks, you will be on a elk hunt out west or in Hawaii.

Why in hell would anybody pay 60K for a vehicle??? It better come with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms and 5 acres of land.

Insurance on loans is a crock. My advice is you can still borrow if you're living within your means. Don't finance a house that's over your budget. There is such thing as responsible credit use. I've been doing fine. Plenty stashed away for savings, retirement, and emergency funds.

One side job I did was asset recovery. That involved eviction and reposition of mobile homes.

The banks do not give a RIP about you or your problems. Get behind on payments, you lose your house, car, trailer, boat, whatever secures the note

I have seen a family forcibly removed from their home by the sheriff dept, and all their belongings tossed out doors and windows.

This is part of the deal you sign to borrow money. YOU are making a bet that your income stream will be uninterrupted until you pay it back.

Do you feel lucky?

Back
Top Bottom