• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dawson Forest nuclear reactor site.

H4zY

Default rank <1500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
67   0
Reaction score
Anyone seen this place? I have been there a few times and it's a weird place if you have never been. I've never gone as far as this gentleman has in the video. I was so sure a Zombie would pop out and eat them both.:pop2::rip: Speaking of Zombies, we need Zombie smilies!

Here is an old Lockheed Martin Corporation video of the The Georgia Nuclear Aircraft Laboratory (GNAL)

Last edited by a moderator:
A hunting buddy told me about it when we were hunting The Atlanta Tract of Dawson Forest. As near as I can figure we were across the river from the fenced -off area. I did bring my radiation detector on the next hunt, but nothing was detected. It's my understanding they had a structure that a tractor-trailer could drive into and go underground. Have you heard about the City of Atlanta's site for a new lake to help supply water to Hotlanta?:attention:

Wifey's ex-pawinlaw worked there back in the 60's. Pretty accurate description in the video. The tunnel they go in was used for personnel to exit the lab to a breakroom/safe area when the reactor was raised from the pool. Back in the 90's the whole area had some excellent atv trails. Lots of good exploring...

Back
Top Bottom