• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dawson Forest nuclear reactor site.

:tinfoil3:Old timers talk of a red sky back when the reactor was really operating a lot. Lockheed denounced the claims tho

Hartsfield Airport owns the Dawsonville tract and it's pretty much just in caretaker status. Folks keep popping up with bright ideas for its use - the latest was a solar farm - but there are no real active plans for its development at this time.

ive heard this from several folks and sources but cant prove it my self, there used to be a Cherokee village where the Etowah and amicalola river meet. I think that would be a cool place to snoop around in also

I am going to resurrect this VERY old post because the GNAL recently caught my eye and has me very interested. This is the best forum thread that I have found regarding it.

Does anyone know if there is a way to get into the underground building that is supposedly at the culdesac at the very end of Dawson Forest Road? I've heard there's a small hole that one can crawl into but I've also heard that as soon as a hole pops up they bury it again.. I wonder why abandoned concrete is guarded so heavily. I'd love to get into the hot cell building (I heard a rumor of a tunnel leading up to it but again have no idea how to access it) but I've heard if you cross the fence the law shows up VERY quickly. A friend of mine said he was let off with a warning and if they're caught again it's jail time.. he was told by officials that there are cameras.

Welcome to the ODT.
I can't answer your questions but have been thru Dawson Forest quite a bit on my bikes.
Fording Shoal Creek is always fun after a rain!
I've hiked there with my dog many times as well. Its a cool place to visit with some unique history for sure.
I just hope there is never a northern airport on that land. It would devastate the area imo.
Keep us posted of your findings after you go recon the area's!

I am going to resurrect this VERY old post because the GNAL recently caught my eye and has me very interested. This is the best forum thread that I have found regarding it.

Does anyone know if there is a way to get into the underground building that is supposedly at the culdesac at the very end of Dawson Forest Road? I've heard there's a small hole that one can crawl into but I've also heard that as soon as a hole pops up they bury it again.. I wonder why abandoned concrete is guarded so heavily. I'd love to get into the hot cell building (I heard a rumor of a tunnel leading up to it but again have no idea how to access it) but I've heard if you cross the fence the law shows up VERY quickly. A friend of mine said he was let off with a warning and if they're caught again it's jail time.. he was told by officials that there are cameras.

Welcome to the ODT @Mattsadagursky

Back
Top Bottom