daycare at a church?

• Legal to carry

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Illegal to carry

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Taco

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters
Be glad you live in an area where another father was that cool. In my neighborhood, there would've been a call to police that there was an armed gunman at the daycare. Since the Johns Creek police don't have that much to do, they probably would use it as an excuse to fire up that S.W.A.T wagon...

Be glad you live in an area where another father was that cool. In my neighborhood, there would've been a call to police that there was an armed gunman at the daycare. Since the Johns Creek police don't have that much to do, they probably would use it as an excuse to fire up that S.W.A.T wagon...

He was being nosie..... I didn't make it that obvious, LOL just more obvious then normal.

This is interesting to me. I am a Cub Scout Den leader and our scout meetings are held in a church which has pre-school there in the day time (we meet in their classrooms). Myself and a few others that are leaders are armed. We had a 6 year old scout murdered along with his mother by his step-father last school year. This happened in their house the night of returning from the Spring camping weekend. This was before I joined the scouts. But like they say, tragic events can happen any time and any where. The scout leaders said that everything seemed ok with the family while camping but later that night, everything went south.

Churches are still off limits, but for weapons permit holders it's a smaller penalty. No arrest, just a ticket and a $100 fine.
As for the child care facilities at church, if it's not a "private elementary school" then it's not covered by the school weapons law, 16-11-127.1.

Of course MANY bigger churches DO have real, state-accredited and approved, Christian schools on their property.
Watch out for those. They're off-limits all the time, even on Sundays when the school is closed.

Churches are still off limits, but for weapons permit holders it's a smaller penalty. No arrest, just a ticket and a $100 fine.
As for the child care facilities at church, if it's not a "private elementary school" then it's not covered by the school weapons law, 16-11-127.1.

Of course MANY bigger churches DO have real, state-accredited and approved, Christian schools on their property.
Watch out for those. They're off-limits all the time, even on Sundays when the school is closed.

Thank you sir!

To clarify, though, either of those places are good to go if the pastor or head of the school says as much. You would have no way of knowing that, though, but either place is not universal a "gun-free zone."

We had to have an official "Policy" on CC to cover just this. According to the attorney and our Forsyth Co sheriff, if there is no policy in place to make the church and private preschool a no go, it is a go. A lot of conflicting reports here so I'll stick with what I know has happened at our church and preschool with no opinion added.

My kid goes to a private daycare, which doesn't have any signs restricting firearms. That being said, I always disarm(remove gun, not holster) prior to dropping/picking him up. I've always wondered, but never asked.

Back
Top Bottom