• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dead Air Mask hd

I like Dobb's Defense's ARC 22 a lot for just 22 lr stuff, lightweight, no 1st round pop, and several hundred less than the Dead Air. Dead Air is still a nice can, just saved my money......

Check out DA's Odessa 9, can run it short, mid length, or long.
The ARC22 and the Dead Air Mask shouldn't be in the same sentance in a comparison. The mask is FA rated, Ti and Ss constructed, rated up to 5.7. The Arc is aluminum, not a FA rated, only rated for 22lr, only the front cap is removable and quite frankly, the machining is not that great. FRP is auditably louder than my Specter 22. Yes, I have 2 of em and am very familiar with them. They are also up to $190 or so.

Spend the extra $120 and get the Mask HD.

The ARC22 and the Dead Air Mask shouldn't be in the same sentance in a comparison. The mask is FA rated, Ti and Ss constructed, rated up to 5.7. The Arc is aluminum, not a FA rated, only rated for 22lr, only the front cap is removable and quite frankly, the machining is not that great. FRP is auditably louder than my Specter 22. Yes, I have 2 of em and am very familiar with them. They are also up to $190 or so.

Spend the extra $120 and get the Mask HD.

IF you will kindly note, I did mention 22lr only, OP does not have FA, and my ARC is quieter on FRP than my Spectre II.

And my Spectre II did not quiet down my 5.7 very much prior to my selling it, cause NOBODY makes 5.7 subsonic ammo at any kind of reasonable price, and if they did, why not shoot that same 40 gr pill out of a 22 lr at under 1050 fps? Same energy.... and way cheaper.

IF you will kindly note, I did mention 22lr only, OP does not have FA, and my ARC is quieter on FRP than my Spectre II.

And my Spectre II did not quiet down my 5.7 very much prior to my selling it, cause NOBODY makes 5.7 subsonic ammo at any kind of reasonable price, and if they did, why not shoot that same 40 gr pill out of a 22 lr at under 1050 fps? Same energy.... and way cheaper.

Materials matter, especially on something that will be used a lot. Mine took over a year to get in my hands, and I will likely remove it from my trust when I get my other 22 can in. My biggest regret was going cheap.

PS. I’ve got to call BS on the no first round pop on the Arc 22.

Materials matter, especially on something that will be used a lot. Mine took over a year to get in my hands, and I will likely remove it from my trust when I get my other 22 can in. My biggest regret was going cheap.

PS. I’ve got to call BS on the no first round pop on the Arc 22.

You are more than welcome to come try it out, side by side.

Which host are you comparing the FRP on? Not doubting you, just curious. My ARC 22 is great on my 10/22 and FVSR, because it's very light. It's very quiet, but I don't think it takes much to quiet a 16" 22lr.

On my 22/45 lite, I have to hold the action closed on the first shot, seems to help, the FRP is loud!

I would love to hear a ARC 22/Mask comparison!

I would love to hear a ARC 22/Mask comparison!

We've got a metering day at RHR/Martin, GA on July 17... :becky:

I know that a Sparrow II on my Walther P22 has a wicked little FRP. Really catches you off guard. But that same can on a FV-SR is great, so that's where it stays. I put a Spectre II on my shorter barreled .22LR firearms.

Back
Top Bottom