• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dead Air may have a new mounting system coming!

Winterborne

Default rank <1500 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
34   0
Reaction score
Looks interesting.

tNO51NC.jpg

The biggest problem with DA here lately is:

Unobtanium
Quality control
Price for mounting systems.

With that said I like DA alot and if this gets prices lower I am all for it.

i know they have moved production to a (another?) local producer, hoping that the inventory issues get sorted out soon. Love my existing DA stuff and have been planning on ordering a Nomad in the near future, but will wait another month or so and see what they have coming out with regards to mounts and then availability.

I have a Ghost that I will mount on a 300BO barrel for subs, so will be looking for a fixed spacer for the piston, or a fixed mount.

The biggest problem with DA here lately is:

Unobtanium
Quality control
Price for mounting systems.

With that said I like DA alot and if this gets prices lower I am all for it.

The first issue is being addressed as we speak. The 2nd one, is already fixed on new cans. The third one...you are on your own with that one.

I really dig how well the Wolfman works with subsonic 9mm/300Blk, but I just believe $300 plus for a mounting system is a bit much.

Imho I think:

1. They released the Wolfman a bit early. The first come first serve is a good plan to keep the masses wanting more but are they going to be like Sig and have a few recalls/update revisions after the consumer field test the production models?
( I like Sig's..but when you have two of the same gun and one runs great and the other may as well be a paper weight ..well they have a problem.)

2. Is it that hard to release a can with multiple mounts in the kit instead of making us search high and low.
It took me almost 8 months to get a 3lug & 5/8x24 adapters.
At a minimum all the mounting systems should have been ready to go day 1.

3. Quality Control. Get the thing made RIGHT.
When a QC check is as simple as looking at miss-aligned baffles and you miss it, it is bad juju for the future.
No gauge needed..just an eye ball look.
(My can had a slight miss-alignment but after researching I have seen pictures of some cans way out of spec.)

Someone will make an adapter..say a Plan D..by someone like KB/Q .. for 1/3 or half the cost then the DA cost may drop..by then the damage is done.

Like I said, I like Dead Air and that mounting system looks great but most likely it will be a long while before we get our hands on it.

Back
Top Bottom