• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dead Air Nomad L

T. May

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
74   0
Reaction score
I have narrowed down my search to a Dead Air Nomad L for my .300BLK. Does anyone have any experience with this suppressor? I am looking at noise reduction as my first priority. It will be going on a AAC single shot so I am not worried about the extra length. Thanks you.

I have one in jail right now so I don't have experience with it yet, but I will. Eventually...

Given that my other jailed suppressor is already past 60 days on efile and I certified the nomad L over a month later, I'm guessing it will be in jail for at least another 2-3 months. :pout:

I have a Sandman S - primarily for a couple of 300BLKs I own.

It's a relatively heavy beast, especially since you end up needing a relatively large (and correspondingly heavy) muzzle device on each rifle for the QD.

The Nomad L is actually a little heavier, but if you go for a muzzle device allowing QD - the ones for the Nomad seem to be lighter - so overall, it's probably a wash. Don't underestimate the length and weight factors though - at a certain point, you will find a really long firearm and/or one that is nose-heavy is a real encumbrance.

I’d also consider the Griffin Recce 7. It’ll save you some cash and it’s still one of the quietest cans if all out sound reduction is your concern. Their taper mount is sweet and it’s muzzle device is included.

I've shot my 300 subsonic with both the nomad and sandman L. The suppression sounded the same to my ears but the nomad had a deeper tone. If I were going to rock a can for absolute best sound reduction, it would be the nomad l and I'd spring for the titanium version.

Back
Top Bottom