• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dead Air Odessa 9

Apollo

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
96   0
Reaction score
Dead air released their new Odessa 9. It's a fully modular design like the Q's Erector and with a diameter of only 1.1 inches. Always wondered how these are registered. Are all the baffles serialized with the same number or just the main body.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

3ef3d72a08e85fa3742e6a3a6195dbe5.jpg

I would think the first chamber where it attaches to the barrel would be the serialized part so you could run it as short as possible. Super light can and not having to change your sights is a plus not to mention how many different lengths there are for it.

At least there is some innovation in the industry. Got to love new stuff like this.

I would also imagine the short tube is the serialized part.

At least there is some innovation in the industry. Got to love new stuff like this.

I would also imagine the short tube is the serialized part.

But it’s not innovative or new, it’s a copy of Q Erector design.
Q has been showing teaser shots of a 9 and a 45 erector can since 2017.
I’d be pissed if I was Kevin Brittingham, unless it was a collaboration...

But it’s not innovative or new, it’s a copy of Q Erector design.
Q has been showing teaser shots of a 9 and a 45 erector can since 2017.
I’d be pissed if I was Kevin Brittingham, unless it was a collaboration...

I should have elaborated more. I was referring to innovation in general in the industry (more modular/durable cans, new stuff almost weekly), and knew this isn't a "new" design. Id be pissed if I were Kevin, but don't tease and idea and be mad someone beat you to it. Cant say I'm his biggest fan, but he's got some nice stuff.

I should have elaborated more. I was referring to innovation in general in the industry (more modular/durable cans, new stuff almost weekly), and knew this isn't a "new" design. Id be pissed if I were Kevin, but don't tease and idea and be mad someone beat you to it. Cant say I'm his biggest fan, but he's got some nice stuff.

Kevin has a podcast, he talked to the Dead Air guys and asked “what is it you are coming out with” directly as if he knew about the Odessa, but they didn’t mention it, then a week or so later they released it.

Kevin posted a pic of the erector and captioned it “the original”, I’m sure he wasn’t happy.

Back
Top Bottom