• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dead Air Odessa 9

So I see value for the diameter but, but not 11 different lengths. (having a couple length options would make sense to me) Am I missing something to this?

I'm guessing the 8.59"/8.50" length they show on their website is the OAL of the device as it would be shown on a Form 4. As long as it doesn't exceed that, the BATFE will be happy. If it is under that, apparently no one cares.

Kevin has a podcast, he talked to the Dead Air guys and asked “what is it you are coming out with” directly as if he knew about the Odessa, but they didn’t mention it, then a week or so later they released it.

Kevin posted a pic of the erector and captioned it “the original”, I’m sure he wasn’t happy.

I'm sure Kevin pushed them to do it so he won't have to make a 9 can and can focus on other projects

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I see value for the diameter but, but not 11 different lengths. (having a couple length options would make sense to me) Am I missing something to this?

I agree, but I think that just comes with the nature of the architecture. The main purpose is to reduce diameter and simplify it by making the baffle and housing the same part, but each baffle still needs to come apart for cleaning. Nobody needs 11 different configurations, but you wouldn't be able to clean each chamber if they didn't com apart.

I imagine with the smaller diameter, it's going to be a bit louder than other 9mm/45 suppressors due to a smaller interior volume.

Kevin has a podcast, he talked to the Dead Air guys and asked “what is it you are coming out with” directly as if he knew about the Odessa, but they didn’t mention it, then a week or so later they released it.

Kevin posted a pic of the erector and captioned it “the original”, I’m sure he wasn’t happy.
Kevin is a pretty chill guy. He is just very open in his marketing. He has a lot of friends in the industry, I'm sure it's not anything he'd be that upset with.

I'm sure Kevin pushed them to do it so he won't have to make a 9 can and can focus on other projects

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sounds like something he'd do. He's got enough money, where as now, he just does what he wants. Fiddles around with new, innovative stuff.

Back
Top Bottom