• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dead snakes on road

Venomous it doesn't matter. Pick it up and use it as you see fit. Nonvenomous snakes are illegal to kill in GA. Think for a second about a bald eagle. If you get caught with a feather you're facing jail time. I'm guessing snakes would fall into the same category. Also in GA it's legal to pick up roadkill so picking up a rattle snake would be no problem. I would poke it with a stick first and then make sure it's head has been cut off after verifying it was dead. :becky:

nsos.jpg

Georgia: Native species may be harvested; must notify the state DNR about roadkilled black bears.

I would assume that this isn't contained to just harvesting for food.

I agree with the above though, definitely take a photo of it on the road if you're ever questioned.

DNR won’t bother you but just make sure KAREN is nowhere near……cause she will turn your world upside down.

seriously Ga let’s you take roadkill but they may stop if they catch you and determine wether or not you killed it or it was already dead.
My buddy grabbed a big buck he saw dead on the side of Ga400 on his way to work.
Trooper saw him dragging it when he stopped on his way home to get it and the trooper looked for bullet or arrow wounds just to make sure.
He was very polite to my buddy the whole time.
The deer was pretty rigored and had a little funk to it.
He told the trooper he was using it for coyote bait…..trooper was like “cool!”

Back
Top Bottom