• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Deal Of The Day sidebar has been disabled

The "Deal of the Day" was never needed, so I don't mind that it is gone. I don't want someone telling what is a good deal. I do my on due diligence. Recently, the "deal of the day", was used by some to mock some member's ads. Turn off the "deal of the day" because it never was needed. Let those who want to comment negatively in member's ads have to post their opinions in member's ads. The rules state what will happen if they do. Just my opinion, and what do I know?

Good riddance to "Deal of the Day" if it's not going to be used for its true intended purpose instead of a** clowns hiding behind it so they can make fun of some ones post without the threat of being banned for posting something negative.

Yes, I'm a little bitter and if you want to know why at all keep reading. What some don't care to consider is not everyone on here is a firearms "expert". I told a guy new to the game that was having an issue finding his first firearm at a local box store to join ODT and that I have been a member for years. He does and actually buys a gun marked "Deal of the Day" because notable members were commenting and were saying it was a deal of the day, "I would take if closer" and all the other BS comments we are used to seeing. I was livid!

I know he should have done his research and it's no ones responsibility he didn't catch onto the mockery blah, blah, blah but he's a 21 year old, wet behind the ears that didn't grow up around firearms and when he saw "Deal of the Day" that just happened to be near our home town, he impatiently jumped thinking he would miss an opportunity. So congrats dip *****. The guy some of you were mocking should be thanking you for selling his over priced crap.

Now with that said, take this how you want to take it. Do everyone a favor and if you absolutely can't or refuse to mind your own business and feel the need to "protect the brother hood" from those "price gouging" or "trying to take advantage" or the very least just need some love and attention atleast have the balls to post what you really want to say about how crazy priced something is and accept the consequences as they come. You might just encourage a newbie or less educated about firearms to do a little more research before the jump on that "Deal of the Day".

Rant over. Yes I feel better.
They won't because they have no balls.

It was removed for being abused. Period.

Well now ; I Thought ( I maybe wrong ) deal of the day was to spot light a product for sale and as you pointed out it works.....change my mind.

If I get what you are saying you are correct. It works on both ends of the spectrum. So what I was attempting to point out is if one chooses to use the deal of the day as a way to express your dislike or problem with someones price indirectly then by all means do it but don't sit back and try to justify your actions as if one is trying to protect the ODT from price gougers etc... because in my example the person some claim they are trying to help by mocking others post ended up actually being the victim and the guy they were trying to ridicule for "price gouging" sold his stuff because it does work but was intended to work, in my opinion, on one side of the street. Not both.

...and you know I'm not trying to single you out @renegadinjun or no way point at you. We have always had great dealings in the past and I consider you one of the more upstanding members on here.

That didn't last long... LOL

Screenshot_20201013-224539.png

Good riddance to "Deal of the Day" if it's not going to be used for its true intended purpose instead of a** clowns hiding behind it so they can make fun of some ones post without the threat of being banned for posting something negative.

Yes, I'm a little bitter and if you want to know why at all keep reading. What some don't care to consider is not everyone on here is a firearms "expert". I told a guy new to the game that was having an issue finding his first firearm at a local box store to join ODT and that I have been a member for years. He does and actually buys a gun marked "Deal of the Day" because notable members were commenting and were saying it was a deal of the day, "I would take if closer" and all the other BS comments we are used to seeing. I was livid!

I know he should have done his research and it's no ones responsibility he didn't catch onto the mockery blah, blah, blah but he's a 21 year old, wet behind the ears that didn't grow up around firearms and when he saw "Deal of the Day" that just happened to be near our home town, he impatiently jumped thinking he would miss an opportunity. So congrats dip *****. The guy some of you were mocking should be thanking you for selling his over priced crap.

Now with that said, take this how you want to take it. Do everyone a favor and if you absolutely can't or refuse to mind your own business and feel the need to "protect the brother hood" from those "price gouging" or "trying to take advantage" or the very least just need some love and attention atleast have the balls to post what you really want to say about how crazy priced something is and accept the consequences as they come. You might just encourage a newbie or less educated about firearms to do a little more research before the jump on that "Deal of the Day".

Rant over. Yes I feel better.

So, if the newb was happy with his purchase, no harm, no foul.
Unless you cruelly burst his bubble by telling him he was rooked. If that’s the case, it’s on you.

We have always had great dealings in the past and I consider you one of the more upstanding members on here.[/QUOTE]
Thank you halo696 halo696 and you are one of the upstanding members bar none.
But I have to say if you look at the deal of the day 'sponsors' my name is on them for the good ones and the ones that need the money. so I was part of your issue of 'the deal of the day' Had to point that out for you and all. Thank you for the medal but now you have to shoot me.......
* end note 99.99% of men are looking for a fair deal, The art of the deal is getting the product under the asking price, with both parties walking away happy.( I have said this many time's, and will continue )
Tony

I was probably the most recent member to make a complaint about the "Deal of the Day" to Steve. Many of you say maybe this or maybe that. Maybe some of you should become site supporters before you are given the privilege to comment or vote. Steve can count on one hand how many times that I have sent him a PM about stupid stuff in the 10 years that I have been a member on the ODT. Here is what I sent Steve:
Recently I have invited several new members to the forum. They see the "Deal of the Day" and think that a Mod or whoever posted the DOTD is being for real and then they text me that the ODT is a joke and they are uninterested. Can it be labeled differently so that new members are not instantly turned off by this stupidity? Or just simply delete this feature. Additionally does it not seem like a double standard to discipline me or another member for a "negative comment" when asking about the rarity of an item or its valuation? But a Mod and post a banner for "Joke of the Day"?

Back
Top Bottom