• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dealing with the leftovers

Horsehat

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Doulus tou Theou
114   0
Reaction score
IMG_1019.JPG
deal with the leftovers day at the Horsehat house. The hamhock, ham trimmings, ham juice, along with onions, bell peppers, celery, garlic, beans and spices goes into one pot for Cajun bean soup. The turkey, corn, a can of rotel tomatoes , onion and spices,black beans, becomes turkey tortilla soup. Will fill up then freeze the rest in quart bags for quick meals this winter.

20161127_143655.jpg

You inspired me to cook something brother. I made turkey and dumplings with the leftovers AND I made the turkey broth from the leftover carcass. I would like to freeze these leftovers, but with a 17 yr old son that eats whatever you put in front of him, and a lot of it, I don't think there will be any!

View attachment 975552 deal with the leftovers day at the Horsehat house. The hamhock, ham trimmings, ham juice, along with onions, bell peppers, celery, garlic, beans and spices goes into one pot for Cajun bean soup. The turkey, corn, a can of rotel tomatoes , onion and spices,black beans, becomes turkey tortilla soup. Will fill up then freeze the rest in quart bags for quick meals this winter.
Good luck not spilling, that good lookin pot of yum!!

Back
Top Bottom