• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Deals with no shipping

How much feed back did he have?

Had been a member for 3-4 years with 9+ FB.
I guess I got complacent and trusted him, but now if you have less than 50+FB, I'll either have to receive your merchandise or money before I'll ship.
Later, in a PM, after the Mods removed the Neg, he claims that 5 days after mailing the check that he stopped payment, (I guess he had the post office return the mailed letter to him also) then he admits that he never got the cashiers check or sent it to me.

He is a compulsive liar and the Mods bought into it.
But what's done is done, there ain't no going back.

It happens.
Y'all be careful.
Just because they don't have a Neg, doesn't mean that they don't deserve 2 or 3.
He did get a Neg, after the Neg I left him got removed, for doing the same thing to someone else.
For some reason he didn't contest that one. I guess he figured the Mods wouldn't fall for the same lameass excuses twice.

Had been a member for 3-4 years with 9+ FB.
I guess I got complacent and trusted him, but now if you have less than 50+FB, I'll either have to receive your merchandise or money before I'll ship.
Later, in a PM, after the Mods removed the Neg, he claims that 5 days after mailing the check that he stopped payment, (I guess he had the post office return the mailed letter to him also) then he admits that he never got the cashiers check or sent it to me.

He is a compulsive liar and the Mods bought into it.
But what's done is done, there ain't no going back.

It happens.
Y'all be careful.
Just because they don't have a Neg, doesn't mean that they don't deserve 2 or 3.
He did get a Neg, after the Neg I left him got removed, for doing the same thing to someone else.
For some reason he didn't contest that one. I guess he figured the Mods wouldn't fall for the same lameass excuses twice.

PM his name please lol

With all due respect, BJ, why would one trust another to send money after you have shipped the goods? Does Amazon (or any other business) do this?

With all due respect, BJ, why would one trust another to send money after you have shipped the goods? Does Amazon (or any other business) do this?

I've had numerous items shipped with an invoice enclosed for payment.

With all due respect, why should anybody trust anybody? Every man for himself.

Do you really think that someone on the ODT with 50+ FB will fail to hold up their end of a deal?

Why does the bank trust you to make the payment on "their" car that you are driving?
Why should the bank trust you to pay for "their" house that you live in?

OK, so I'm one of the old farts(77)on here and proud of it. I can see both sides of the issue, but as a person who ships stuff and gets stuff shipped in(after all, who the heck wants to drive all the way to Tiger, Ga), I really don't understand this fear of shipping. You limit you potential buyers to a short drive from your house. Its easier to ship than to waste a day driving a couple of hours each way, and I've got better things to do than to meet you at the Dairy Queen in East Possum. I use cashier's checks and Paypal. I mail the money first including shipping costs. Cashier's checks can be cancelled and Paypal will back up transaction(not on gifts). I buy on ebay, gunbroker and auction arms and the only time I got ripped off was on ODT:mad:

I've never given it much thought until I became a member here. ODT has some real shytbirds but I've not had to deal with them thankfully.

For years on the FALFILES I'd regularly mail and item before payment and pay for an item before receiving it. Never gave it one second's thought. There were shytbirds there (few) but the 'rules' were different. Act an ass in trade on that site and you'd be "outed", pilloried, excoriated and flogged in virtual AND mundane life. I mean they'd do their best to drag your name through the mud (online and in real life). Hell they even have a special place on the board for that. A quick check would tell you all you needed to know about a member. Here? Your guess and info is as good as the negs a mod will allow to stick.

I've never given it much thought until I became a member here. ODT has some real shytbirds but I've not had to deal with them thankfully.

For years on the FALFILES I'd regularly mail and item before payment and pay for an item before receiving it. Never gave it one second's thought. There were shytbirds there (few) but the 'rules' were different. Act an ass in trade on that site and you'd be "outed", pilloried, excoriated and flogged in virtual AND mundane life. I mean they'd do their best to drag your name through the mud (online and in real life). Hell they even have a special place on the board for that. A quick check would tell you all you needed to know about a member. Here? Your guess and info is as good as the negs a mod will allow to stick.

I think the administration on this site puts too emphasis put on hurt feelings and racial slurs than trustworthiness and honesty.

Back
Top Bottom