• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Decent prices on 22LR ammo.

Reviews seemed comparable to CCI SV. I think I have a box or two somewhere in the stash. I'll try some.

I use both standard velocity and sub sonic both suppressed and unsuppressed. The suppressed is about 1020 FPS in a 7" barrel an occasional crack. In a 4.5" barrel rarely. Either one is no dirtier than most of what's out there

I found both SV lead Aguilla and Plated High velicitt in my stash. I am working on a swing for the boys, but later I will try a bix of each in a supressed R22.

Good stuff. Thanks Jeddak. Anyone use much of this Aguila and can provide a review?

They make a bunch of different offerings in 22.
Some that I have tried varied wildly in velocity in the same box. This was the "Super Extra" in 40 grain. Good for kids plinking, but due to the extreme in velocity not very accurate. Some were REALLY hot loads. Think of mixing Stingers and Standard CCIs in the same box and this is what you got.

I had some "Subsonic Solid Point" in 40 gr (in Yellow and Red box) and recently bought some more of the same stuff (Blue and yellow box). It seems to be ok stuff but wont cycle a semi auto (which most subs wont). I'd buy and shoot if I found on sale.

I have some of the Rifle match and Pistol match. Both are pretty good ammo.

I have also shot some of the "Subsonic Sniper" rounds they offer. This is basically a 60gr bullet in a 22 short case to give the OAL for 22LR. It shot good in my rifle. I have read that it likes certain twist barrels and lengths due to the long projectile. I didnt try in a pistol for that reason.

Overall, Agulia seems to be cleaner that CCI. If you found it at a price you are comfortable with go for it.

Thanks guys! For whatever reason I have shot a bunch of 22lr but never Aguila. Thanks for the feedback on it

Back
Top Bottom