• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Decent primer for those threads that begin....

1651064097764.png
What he said. So y'all quit buying primers so the price will drop.

If you reload with the cheapest equipment, with the bare minimum components, casting your own bullets from lead found on the side of the road w/ once or several times fired brass, you can save a lot of money. Granted this will be strictly plinking ammo that works best in non-semi autos.

Think I am going to sell my reloading stuff, just my spare time vs the lack of savings these days.......

I was only reloading pistol calibers anyway.

Think I am going to sell my reloading stuff, just my spare time vs the lack of savings these days.......

I was only reloading pistol calibers anyway.
I haven't got to that point yet even though I'm about out of everything. Although, I do have more ammo than I could shoot in my lifetime at the rate I shoot. I did recently sell off all my black powder guns and gear. Cool experience and knowledge gained, but just couldn't get into that messiness.

If you reload with the cheapest equipment, with the bare minimum components, casting your own bullets from lead found on the side of the road w/ once or several times fired brass, you can save a lot of money. Granted this will be strictly plinking ammo that works best in non-semi autos.
I have a 10-year-old Lee LM that doesn't owe me anything and a 1-year-old MEC 9000 that I just passed the 5k round mark on and feel they both have earned their keep. I am ultra-cheap and try to make smart purchases on components. The casting though just seems like a giant time suck and I figure by the time you factor in your time and fuel costs it's cheaper to just order from Missouri or the Blue Bullets.

Back
Top Bottom