• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Decisions Decisions

I think the real question is this, would you rather have a .45, 10mm or a 9mm?
Once you make that decision, you can pick a 1911 in that caliber :)
Seriously though, I have had many 1911's, have 6 now and would point you in that direction.
I like Colts, but Sig makes a heck of a feature rich 1911 for the money.
P226 is a fine gun, but if I were to pick between a p226 or a 1911, I would choose the 1911 platform first.
Get a 1911 with Novak sight grooves, they are easier to change out and there are a wide range of choices.
My favorite setup is a new model Delta Elite (10mm). I have added trijicon hd's since the photo. That gun is pure Bada$$ery!

delta.jpg

My Remington Long slide is 10 mm. Even with the extra inch on the end of the gun it still has a bit of muzzle rise. I watched the range officer shoot it just because he ask to. When the gun went off you could see every muscle in his back tense up from the recoil. LOL Like I said earlier it's a freaking cannon.

There is a pretty wide range of 10mm ammo out there.
Much of the choices are pretty manageable out of a 1911 platform due to the weight of the gun, but some are downright painful to shoot.
Choose what you need to get the job done.

That chart makes the 9mm look like a pea shooter compared to the 10mm. The difference is huge. HUGE! That's part of the reason I jumped on the Remington R1 Hunter. I always wanted a long slide and the 10mm made hunting with it a viable option. It will take hogs and deer no problem.

That's what I'm trying to tell'em.

Also, Coonan makes a .357 magnum 1911 if you're feeling lucky Punk....

With that Coonan it looks like a follow up shot would be slow at best.
I would take one over a Desert Eagle in .357 any day though!
I am almost ashamed to admit how much I love my Taurus 608, same firepower, 8x .357, but with a much, much lower price :)

Back
Top Bottom