• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Decoy

I tried a full size buck decoy and feeding doe before,

I started out with just the doe for a few days, only thing that paid her mind was a yearly fawn walked up to about 15 yards from her and just stared at her, never got any closer. Had sprayed it with scent killer all over then used doe scent.

When that seemed to not work I pulled out a buck decoy and sprayed the doe decoy down with estrus stuff, and the buck with buck scent after spraying with scent killer.
The next few days only thing that seemed to come around were the birds as the buck decoy had bird crap on its head. I did see three coyots walk out stare at them and just walk right back in the woods before I could get a shot but that's all

Finally I used just the buck decoy, I saw nothing during daylight again but when I came the next morning it was knocked over, no idea by what.

During this whole time, corn as in the southern region is aloud, was all over the field and had been eaten except within 20 yards of the decoys. Even the hogs stopped coming to that spot and ate it else where in the field.

This was just my experience during a Nov 15-20 hunt

I will probly not mess with them again, esp full size ones. Where maybe at the perfect time, it may work but is a lot of hasel getting it in and out

Back
Top Bottom