• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Decrease in gun and ammo demand? Your thoughts and opinions

I think some gun buyers disposable income is being steadily chewed away by inflation everywhere and most recently fuel. The gun and ammo makers are on maximum overdrive on the production end and the buyers are on a small temporary pause. It should create a small increase in perceived supply..it doesn't take much for those producer and buyer to be on opposite ends to create some additional supply. I am seeing that with other industries as well, sales slowing slightly, production still on max overdrive. The only thing preventing a glut of goods is the supply chain issues still existing slowing down production.

It would not suprise me to see a substantial drop in retail spending over the next couple of reporting periods.

Inflation is one thing and everyone is making a gen3 Glock copy. I don't think demand died down but rather plateued. The budget friendly pistols always sell and there are still tons of cheap Turkish pistols and shotguns sitting on shelves. There are still plenty of the first time gun buyers.

Back
Top Bottom