• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Deer Feeders in Winter and the Off Season

I use boss buck feeders and in the summer I buy 1700 lb supersacks of soybeans and put them in the feeders. Coons, birds and tree rats don't like the soybeans very much so the feed in the feeders last longer. If I run out of soybeans at the end of summer I get Record Rack Professional protein pellets and put that in the feeders. This year that's all I used.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Where do you get the soybeans?

Grain distributor on the Mississippi river. I can get supersacks of corn also. Zeno is the name of the one I use but there are others.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

We have a couple of deer feeders on the property we hunt; This is the first full year hunting this property. After some research, I've seen that it is not suggested to feed corn into the colder months as deer stomachs adjust to the available food. Though that article seemed to be focused on the northern states. What do y'all typically do with your feeders into the colder months and off-season? Do you feed year-round or is there a cut off date? Also, if you feed in the colder months do you move from corn to a pellet? The bagged pellets seem to be exorbitantly more expensive than corn.
Never feed corn ! Protein is only 10.00 a bag! Feed before season ends to see what deer is left on the property!

I put 100 lbs in a feeder this AM, now these are all spinner feeders so they cannot eat as much as they can hold.
I have a Boss Buck but it has Buck Muscle in it.

That might be true, but the 250 lb. 160+ class bucks and 200 lb. does with twins that abound around me have trouble reading the internet, so they continue to eat corn year after year.
Oh, they'll eat it of course. And people will consume crack. Doesn't mean either should happen.
There has never been a deer that starved to death in Georgia, ever. (I realize you guys have different winters up there. Please keep them up there. :p :hand: ;) )
But I do like the posts complaining about hogs, coyotes, racoons, etc.... and all the while they've got feeders out.
Here's you sign.....

Back
Top Bottom