• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Deer hunters school me.

Build a trough feeder and keep corn in it. About mid March, drive rebar into the ground around the feeder with about 8" spacing. Make sure the top of the rebar is reinforced so it can't be pushed over. As the antlers begin to turn loose the rebar will help pull them off when the buck comes to feed.

Build a trough feeder and keep corn in it. About mid March, drive rebar into the ground around the feeder with about 8" spacing. Make sure the top of the rebar is reinforced so it can't be pushed over. As the antlers begin to turn loose the rebar will help pull them off when the buck comes to feed.

Add chicken wire around the rebar and the antlers can get knocked off in the chicken wire when your deer are feeding plus makes the antlers easier to find.

just a simple suggestion to consider...

Antler trap looks easy to do. Also didn’t know squirrels eat antlers. Kinda makes some sense now. Several years ago my old Chessie found one and chewed it like a bone. Thanks for the tips.

Squirrels, chipmunks, rats, hawgs, and others eat the antlers for the calcium content and minerals in them.

My hunting buddy's dog will gnaw on them all day long...

Natures recyclable products...

Back
Top Bottom