• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Deer hunting with cows

And, cows will eat up some batteries and memory cards on a trail cam. Turns out they have quite the passion for photography.
I’ve got some great pictures of cows.
Are there any thicker places at all that the cows stay out of? Perhaps where the deer might be crossing fences to get into and out of the property?

This is what you need. Get yourself some t-posts and some hog panels. Deer come in and cows stay out.

Be sure to test your feeder to see how far she slings the corn and set your panels 3-4 feet outside of that, if not further.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

c3ca18e025d44ac98761fe2994e5dec4.jpg

Edit: Not my photo.

This is what you need. Get yourself some t-posts and some hog panels. Deer come in and cows stay out.

Be sure to test your feeder to see how far she slings the corn and set your panels 3-4 feet outside of that, if not further.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

c3ca18e025d44ac98761fe2994e5dec4.jpg

Edit: Not my photo.
That’s exactly what I’m thinking.

Are there any thicker places at all that the cows stay out of? Perhaps where the deer might be crossing fences to get into and out of the property?

Short answer is "no".

They don't really feel briars or thorns or anything that will keep them out, and they are intensely curious.

Now deer tend to cross into a field at particular spots, but that mostly depends on the cover outside the field.

We hunted next to 2 cow pastures for 30 years, no problems. Never hunted the pastures themselves, but we saw deer in them. Biggest bother was the farmer coming about 6:00 blowing the horn and whooping up the cows to feed them, but even that bother us more than the deer.

Back
Top Bottom