• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Deer Meat

Someone may trade you some bench loaded Ammo for their deer meat.....lol.

Just ask processors if they have any unclaimed.
I personally wouldn’t take unclaimed deer and will eat only what I harvest because I know where it’s been.
The processor I use always gives me MY deer meat and never mixes like a grab bag like MOST processors do.

I’d do it myself if I had the space and time..........continuum.

My Hispanic neighbors at my old house used to slay goats all the time for familia get togethers.
They’d always bring us a big plate over after grilling it.

It was really good stuff.

There is a story circulating about that that may or may not be apocryphal.

Gainesvile has an extremely large Hispanic population because that's about all who work in the chicken plants.

Supposedly there was a complaint about some Messicans or such, keeping a goat tethered in the front yard.

Sooooooo, the LEO show up and explain to the undocumented guest workers that tethering a goat in the front yard violates the laws and ordinances of the fine City of Gainesville.

The Hispanics thank the officer profusely because they want to be good Americans, they don't want to offend anyone, they are sorry that their goat in the front yard violates the laws and ordinances of the good City of Gainesville.

Soooooooooo, the next call that comes into LEO is that there are a bunch of Hispanics butchering a goat in their front yard,

LEO dutifully responds, Hispanics responds "you told us to get rid of the goat, we are just doing what you told us to do". And it turns out that the laws and ordinances of Gainesville DO NOT prohibit the butchering of goat in one's front yard, so it was goat tacos for everyone..

ive seen venison roasts at Sprouts before. they had a freezer just for "game meats". had the buffalo in with it and a few others i cant remember. havent been to a sprouts in awhile though, so no clue if they still do it or was a one off thing though. dont remember price, but probably expensive lol.

Back
Top Bottom