• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Deer Season Reflections 2016-17... Pics included!

Psilloh1

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
157   0
Reaction score
IMG_1826.JPG

As the season wraps up, I thought I would create a thread that with a few pics of our season' and a couple memories to share. My oldest son again reigns Tall. He got a nice 10 opening day of Muzzleloader! He had set in the stand the night before with his bow, and had seen 5 different bucks... So guess were he sat the next morning....?!

At the last minute He decided to play the cold front, and got to our Cabin in Washington County this past Thursday Jan. 5th. He arrived there late at 5:30 and his second buck was dead trailing 3 does 20 minutes later.

We had a lot of buck activity late bow through Nov 1st.. and it really tapered off. Dry is a word I can't describe, we prayed for rain to quench our dry creeks, and drier foodplots to no avail'...

We had a great season enjoying friends, and family on the deck of our cabin! Many fine Steaks, Low Country Boils, and Porkloins were cooked to perfection! After eating there were a few cold libations enjoyed by all, and the talk always came back to tomorrow! Where would we hunt? What way was the wind prevailing? We would wind it down dreaming of seeing the "Big One" step out tomorrow! We got glimpse of a few, and we pray they live to next year...!

We are thankful and have been blessed...

Post your stories and pics..! That will get me thru until Next Year!...

Also a pic of the Wall of Fame at our Cabin that is an older pic.. We have 2 more to add, a monster that My son Killed a few years ago, and finally brought back from graduation at Georgia Southern that was on display at his house there.
It now proudly sits back at the cabin in the top spot. Then the Muzzleloader buck he will get back this spring!

See a trend here....

IMG_0128.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1912.JPG
    IMG_1912.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 12
Worst season I have had in years. Killed this button buck on New Years Eve. Thought it was a doe. Can't wait till next season. CVA Scout V2 .243 Winchester 90gr NBT
20161231_101155.jpg

Yes sir. It is very, very, accurate. It is about the size of a 10/22 carbine. The scope is a Vortex Diamondback 2x7. It is in the price range of a Ruger American/Savage Axis but is a much nicer rifle with a trigger you would not believe out the box.

Back
Top Bottom