• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Defend your life in your home, go to jail?

Defend my family and myself, absolutely... to the best of my ability and to the death, if need be.

My question is this... what do you do when/after you call the cops? What do you say or not say?

Only one thing to say:
"I am very upset by all this. I will be glad to come down to the station tomorrow with my attorney." Then STFU - as in don't say a damn thing.

NOTHING you say will make a bad situation less bad.

There are a lot more people who have "explained" their way into jail than vice versa.

Defend my family and myself, absolutely... to the best of my ability and to the death, if need be.

My question is this... what do you do when/after you call the cops? What do you say or not say? I've heard both sides of the story from don't say anything except, "I will only speak with my lawyer present," to something very basic like, "He/she/it broke into our home/assaulted us and we feared for our lives and acted in self-defense."
I was in fear of my life and for my family

Thank you @GAgunLAWbooklet and @sambo77 for the direct answers. Thanks to others for the entertaining responses. I, myself, would protect my family first and then worry about the legalities of it. I don't think my uncle is stupid, but I have no idea why he even planted that thought in her head, other than he likes to argue and likes to be right.

People tell others falsehoods over things they here anywhere. Pull up the law statutes and show your mother and see for herself .

Back
Top Bottom