• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Defend your life in your home, go to jail?

All you say to the popo is I was in fear for my life and nothing more, then get a lawyer.

so I have 3 teenage daughters, my son and a really hot wife and i rather like them being safe from harm. So, break into my house and you will first meet my mean Shi-tzu and Pomeranian.... when you look up from them you will then see either me with my Benelli M4 or my son with his AR, or both, regardless if we are protected by law or no law. My job is to provide and defend my family, well and according to my wife, eat all the food, create messes and be a pain in her ass, but you get the idea.

That being said, according a a sheriff friend of mine, in GA, if you illegally enter my home and i have reasonable fear for mine or my families safety, I'm clear to shoot first and not even bother asking questions later. Matter of fact, his recommendation is IF you shoot, aim well so they cannot testify.

if you illegally enter my home and i have reasonable fear for mine or my families safety,
That statement always intrigues me. My reality is, "If you illegally enter my home, I WILL have fear for mine or my family's safety." The state of mind of someone who has the unimaginable gall to break into my home is not going to be subject to a 20 questions interview and analysis.

That statement always intrigues me. My reality is, "If you illegally enter my home, I WILL have fear for mine or my family's safety." The state of mind of someone who has the unimaginable gall to break into my home is not going to be subject to a 20 questions interview and analysis.

Correct.

In Georgia, "reasonable fear" of the occupants of a home is presumed.

Correct.

In Georgia, "reasonable fear" of the occupants of a home is presumed.
Ooohhhh….. now you're gonna' get swamped with ridiculous examples of how wrong you are by the debate anything crowd. You're going to shoot a 2 year old toddler that wanders into your home?!? ;)

Back
Top Bottom