• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Define "truck gun"

PA4476

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
168   0
Reaction score
I see a lot of handguns listed as "perfect truck gun" What is everyone's definition of a truck gun ?

I carry a Glock 23 with 2 extra mags full of SD ammo in my truck. The reason I carry a gun in my truck is in case I need to use it to defend my life. Therefore I want to carry a dependable gun in a good caliber.

Most every "truck gun" I see listed is something real cheap, like a Hi Point, RG, Jimmenizze or something way under powered like a 32 or 25. For something that is to be carried in your car/truck where size of the gun is not as important as say a pocket pistol.

Why would anyone want to carry something that may or may not work for the intended purpose ? Now I understand not wanting to carry a $1500 Kimber in case some local kid breaks your window out in the middle of the night and steals it. And I also understand having something is better than nothing.

So what's your definition of a "Truck Gun"

my truck gun is my M92 Pap. Either with 2x30rd mags coupled or a 75rd drum...when SHTF, I want a rifle caliber with high capacity over a pistol any day..just me though. But, as NWSharpshooter, dont leave it in your car to be stolen & later used in a crime

Truck gun (noun): a firearm one leaves in their vehicle to be stolen an later used in a crime.

What NWS said^^^^^^^^^

However, to me it is a term from a different era...back when you could leave a gun in a gun rack in the back window of you unlocked pickup (standard cab, of course) or a pistol rattling around in the glove box, etc. This was before every other person was a thief, thug, gangbanger, etc.

Something that works but you don't mind it getting banged/beat up.

But please, for the love of all things holy, don't leave a firearm in your vehicle unattended unless it's in some kind of secondary lock box. Too easy to bust a window and make off with a firearm...

machine-gun-truck.jpg

What kind of trucks are ya'll driving that the only place you have to store it is a place where it gets beat and banged and scratched up ? I have carried a gun in my car/truck since I was 16 (1982) Starting with a Ruger Super Blackhawk, and just about everything between it and what I now carry. And have never caused damage to one from it being carried in a vehicle ?

Back
Top Bottom