• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Define "truck gun"

I have a gun on my night stand to so I’m not following your argument. It’s not in plain sight and when it’s not placed there for security, it’s in my safe. Why? Because leaving it anywhere else, where kids or somebody I don’t want finding it, is irresponsible as hell. I could give 2 turds about DC. Fact of the matter is, the gun does you no good when it’s not on you and only benefits criminals, when it’s in your vehicle. As far as police, they have standard SOGs which define where their firearms are to be stored. In most cases that’s their vehicle and I agree, that’s again, irresponsible as hell.
The one in my truck's not in plain sight either do you keep all your firearms on you at all times. I say it's irresponsible not to keep a gun in your truck

The one in my truck's not in plain sight either do you keep all your firearms on you at all times. I say it's irresponsible not to keep a gun in your truck
I grew up in the 80s in Macon/middle GA. Back then damn near every truck you saw had a gun rack in the back window. And most of them has some combination of things like a lever action Marlin some type of pump shotgun and a Zebco rod and reel. But it did vary from truck to truck. Sometimes it was like a Marlin 60 , shotgun and umbrella. Or a Nylon 66 , H&R single and a fly rod. But you get my drift here.Used to be open carrying long guns in your truck wasn't just no big deal it was expected.

I grew up in the 80s in Macon/middle GA. Back then damn near every truck you saw had a gun rack in the back window. And most of them has some combination of things like a lever action Marlin some type of pump shotgun and a Zebco rod and reel. But it did vary from truck to truck. Sometimes it was like a Marlin 60 , shotgun and umbrella. Or a Nylon 66 , H&R single and a fly rod. But you get my drift here.Used to be open carrying long guns in your truck wasn't just no big deal it was expected.

That's right and you parked in the school lot with said gun in rack and nobody freaked out.
Man I miss those days

I think everyone knows your position, and I also don't think you are going to change anyone's mind who chooses to think differently than you.
I think everybody sticks to their position, until they see, their position is faulty or results in a theft of their firearm. Then and only then, do they realize it wasn’t a good idea to leave a gun in their vehicle

I think everybody sticks to their position, until they see, their position is faulty or results in a theft of their firearm. Then and only then, do they realize it wasn’t a good idea to leave a gun in their vehicle
Or I am driving to work and something very bad happens and I need to use it. Then, and only then, I realize it was a great idea to have it with me.

The difference is I'm not trying to change your mind, nor do I care that you don't leave a gun in your car.

Back
Top Bottom