• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Degrading Powder?

Wheeler

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
132   0
Reaction score
I was talking to one of my suppliers today who claimed that all new reloading powders were being manufactured with a substance that caused them to degrade and become inert after a year, in order to prevent stockpiling. I called BS on that. Has anyone else heard of this?

BS. How can they guarantee it will work for a year, then stop. It is too much of a liability to make a powder that can fail, short of their magic date.

I figured it was a lawsuit waiting to happen. You have a shooter with a squib load who fires a second round, or a hunter who gets hurt by a hog because the round didn't perform, or in a self defense situation. According to what he was telling me, the manufacturers put a waxy substance in the powder, that would cause it to congeal. (first clue). Then he said he heard it at the gun show (second clue). I just wanted to see if anyone else had heard this gunshow rumor.

Wheeler

BS as others have said. they manufacturers would have huge liabilities unless they put "use before" dates on everything. never going to happen. the quantity of people who reload vs the numbers of people who shoot is very small.

I agree with the first young lady, I have used it for protein shakes for years and I buy mine at a bulk food store, cleated is more unstable than non, find a large air tight container, keep it in a cool dry place and have a small scoop to dispense it when you need it, not a wet spoon or your hands, they will contaminate the whey.

I agree with the first young lady, I have used it for protein shakes for years and I buy mine at a bulk food store, cleated is more unstable than non, find a large air tight container, keep it in a cool dry place and have a small scoop to dispense it when you need it, not a wet spoon or your hands, they will contaminate the whey.

wha?

Back
Top Bottom