• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dekalb County CCW

funny my wife and i were going to head down there till we noticed it would be right at lunch time. figured we'll wait till later in the week or monday...

Good ol' Hall County took care of me.. Only took about 10 days for mine. I don't expect Dekalb should take any longer.

Applied today. Let the wait begin. I have absolutely no faith in Dekalb county government employees...

Did my paperwork and then waited a month for my fingerprints...the guy doing my fingerprints told me "ok, you'll have your license in 6 to 8 weeks"...so I replied "you mean months right?" It's been 5 weeks...so I'm about a quarter of the way there.

Dekalb used to take up to 6 months until people really started complaining about it...now supposedly they're quicker.

Wow.. That's just ridiculous.
Good thing no matter where I live, I'll have family in Hall.. So if it comes down to it, I can always use their address!

I applied for mine in Cobb Co. last week and she told me 2 to 3 weeks is what they were averaging. Said it used to
be 2 to 3 months but things move quicker now and are a lot more advanced like the electronic finger prints ect....

Keeping my fingers crossed on that time frame.....

Back
Top Bottom