• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

delete

Status
Not open for further replies.
I studied several disciplines when I was young, karate, wrestling, boxing, Japanese ju-jitsu and some Jeet Kune Do. But that was a Looooong time ago, now I'm 58 and dealing with all kinds of injuries from a lot of "hold my beer and watch this ****" kind of stuff. I'm like you brother, I'm too damn old to be taking an ass whoopin' but still too young to die (I hope) and that's why I carry a pistol everyday. I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6. Lol!

Nailed it! My thoughts exact.

Gentlemen, please do not misunderstand the meaning of my thread. I carry knives & gun daily when & where it is legal to do so. I have trained with knives & guns. I have successfully used them both on multiple occasions to protect myself & others. This thread is intended to reach out to those interested in martial arts training as it relates to self-protection, including but not limited to firearms.
Not misunderstood, some of us trained until we just weren't able to anymore. Oh I can still hit like a sledgehammer, two or three times, but the last time I had to I was literally 20 years younger. I only had one herniated disc back then and had to make sure that "so called fight" ended with one punch in the gut & one knee in the face, any longer and I might have got my ass whooped but I've never let a cousin get the best of me.
Threads around here tend to get derailed pretty easily, no harm meant.

I also trained in multiple disciplines when I was younger and instructed for many years. I specialized in women's self defense. After training some women for several years and seeing the best they could do and how it would be applied in a real world situation, the ultimate advise I gave them and have given every woman that has asked me about self defense since then is "Carry a gun!".

Sorry ladies, but the average women simply cannot reliably stop an average man in a determined attack using hand to hand, regardless of training.

I also trained in multiple disciplines when I was younger and instructed for many years. I specialized in women's self defense. After training some women for several years and seeing the best they could do and how it would be applied in a real world situation, the ultimate advise I gave them and have given every woman that has asked me about self defense since then is "Carry a gun!".

Sorry ladies, but the average women simply cannot reliably stop an average man in a determined attack using hand to hand, regardless of training.
Rhonda rousy will **** you up and your brothers at same damn time at the same damn time

Yes I added a song in that sentence

I carry knives & gun daily when & where it is legal to do so. I have trained with knives & guns. I have successfully used them both on multiple occasions to protect myself & others.

Is this for your work/profession or you have just had that many encounters where guns and knives were needed for you and those around you?

Not misunderstood, some of us trained until we just weren't able to anymore. Oh I can still hit like a sledgehammer, two or three times, but the last time I had to I was literally 20 years younger. I only had one herniated disc back then and had to make sure that "so called fight" ended with one punch in the gut & one knee in the face, any longer and I might have got my ass whooped but I've never let a cousin get the best of me.
Threads around here tend to get derailed pretty easily, no harm meant.

Aw hell bro... a stern look from you can make a mans knees tremble and his lower lip quiver. When would you ever actually have to hit anyone?

Is this for your work/profession or you have just had that many encounters where guns and knives were needed for you and those around you?

I live in a rough area. Had my door kicked in once, in Aug I rendered aid to a lady who got knocked out & had her jaw broken in 3 places. I've had thug gangster wannabes try me only to back down after letting them know I mean business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom