• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Delete

Status
Not open for further replies.
No matter how you hide assets to avoid IRS confiscation, they will still get them since they can prove you did it for that reason (exhibit A: ODT thread). Don’t bother deleting the thread. You typed it and likely googled related topics so that ship has sailed.

Anyhow, the only thing I can think of is selling your house and/or putting the money/property in a trust where your wife is trustee.

<—— Not an expert

Is this what took out Teflon Don?

John-Gotti-1986.jpg

Suit yourself, but in legal terms, you should STFU, and ask locally for a good CPA that handles tax cases.

Nothing YOU do at this time will change your obligation to the IRS, and any dicking around you do will only cause them to start filing liens on your property and attaching your bank accounts.

A good CPA can work things out through various ways and you need to talk to one sooner rather than later.

I can assure you thought that the first thing you are going to have to do is go back at least 3 years and file correct tax returns. You may get by with this, but they can ask for more. You are better off getting this done that trying to cobble up some paperwork trying to defraud the government. Remember, you can't go to jail for not paying taxes..

Couldn’t you just put the house in her name?

Unless he receives fair consideration for the transfer, it's a fraudulent transfer against any existing debtors, i.e. the IRS.

They can "unwind" it, and now he has involved his wife in something she probably didn't want to be involved in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom