• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Delete

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't even began to discuss this with the op, you clearly don't know the difference in how leos are trained in a shoot/no shoot situation, it appears you don't know what makes a clean shoot and how they investigate it. do alittle research man.

as far as militarization of police goes a large amount of police carry nothing but a handgun and non lethal weapons. an over whelming majority carry weapons available to the everday person (rem. 870, ar-15) please explain how the police are so militarized?

I can't even began to discuss this with the op, you clearly don't know the difference in how leos are trained in a shoot/no shoot situation, it appears you don't know what makes a clean shoot and how they investigate it. do alittle research man.

as far as militarization of police goes a large amount of police carry nothing but a handgun and non lethal weapons. an over whelming majority carry weapons available to the everday person (rem. 870, ar-15) please explain how the police are so militarized?

Mentality. Yes it also has to do with equipment & training but it's a mindset too.

I'm a big LE supporter, my best friend is a cop with 15 years of honorable service. While I disagree with some of the views here. I have serious issues with Tasers. It seems cops are quick to use a taser these days versus their hands, communication skills, common sense or any less lethal means to resolve a situation. Tasing an individual can cause great bodily harm and in rare cases be lethal. 530 people have died as a result of a LE taser since 2001.

So, to poke the bear on this topic a little more...let's consider the 11 or 12 year old autistic girl again. Let's pretend this occurred in 1983 not 2013... What would that cop have done to control and de-escalate the situation without a taser?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom