• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Delete

Status
Not open for further replies.
No matter how much you preface it, the LEO crowd here won't accept you criticizing one of their own. They will likely tell how much the tazer has helped them and made them safer. Remember, the LEO in a encounter is always right and the non-LEO in an encounter is guilty. If they were not guilty of something the LEO would not be there. Most of them are "hunters" looking for bad guys as that one poster said. They prevent crime.

:hail:

No matter how much you preface it, the LEO crowd here won't accept you criticizing one of their own. They will likely tell how much the tazer has helped them and made them safer. Remember, the LEO in a encounter is always right and the non-LEO in an encounter is guilty. If they were not guilty of something the LEO would not be there. Most of them are "hunters" looking for bad guys as that one poster said. They prevent crime.

:hail:

LMAO! Almost every LE supporter will freely admit there are bad apples. It's the LE enforcement condemners that have a problem with cops in general. You guys present these incidents as if they are evidence of what is the norm. The rest of us know that they are exceptions. That is, those that actually ARE the way they are presented by the haters. Often those presentations aren't even close to what really happened or at the very least do not take everything that happened in the incident into account.

Your implication that a LEO being a hunter is a negative is a perfect example. Why is it a negative for a LEO to be actively looking for crime and criminals?

Last edited:
I'm a big LE supporter, my best friend is a cop with 15 years of honorable service. While I disagree with some of the views here. I have serious issues with Tasers. It seems cops are quick to use a taser these days versus their hands, communication skills, common sense or any less lethal means to resolve a situation. Tasing an individual can cause great bodily harm and in rare cases be lethal. 530 people have died as a result of a LE taser since 2001.

So, to poke the bear on this topic a little more...let's consider the 11 or 12 year old autistic girl again. Let's pretend this occurred in 1983 not 2013... What would that cop have done to control and de-escalate the situation without a taser?

Probably call a meat wagon for her body after she got hit by a car. And maybe an ambulance for anyone in the car that hit her.

I'd also be interested to know how many people a year unintentionally died from being hit with a night stick before tasers were in common use.

Last edited:
Can we agree that there are a few ****ty people in every profession, and that those professions with the higher potential for abuse of powers warrant a bit more transparency than others? Cops, as well as congressmen, or really any public sector worker with power over other peoples' lives or livelihoods ought to be subject to a certain level of scrutiny to ensure that their power isn't abused. Can I say that without being labeled an LEO-basher?

I'm a big LE supporter, my best friend is a cop with 15 years of honorable service. While I disagree with some of the views here. I have serious issues with Tasers. It seems cops are quick to use a taser these days versus their hands, communication skills, common sense or any less lethal means to resolve a situation. Tasing an individual can cause great bodily harm and in rare cases be lethal. 530 people have died as a result of a LE taser since 2001.

So, to poke the bear on this topic a little more...let's consider the 11 or 12 year old autistic girl again. Let's pretend this occurred in 1983 not 2013... What would that cop have done to control and de-escalate the situation without a taser?

FYI...TASER is a Less Lethal means but to answer you question, 14 years ago in a similar situation (w/o Tasers) me and another officer took a sheet from my patrol car's trunk and wrapped up the kid like a mummy. Not taught, not rehearsed, just thought it up and did it. Worked well for us.

I'd also be interested to know how many people a year unintentionally died from being hit with a night stick before tasers were in common use.

I used "poke the bear.." As a euphemism. I wasn't referring to you specifically, lol.

I hear ya on the baton deaths, I was curious too but couldn't find any stats. I have had this taser argument with my buddy and my sister in law who is a retired cop. We never agree on it.

Last edited:
Can we agree that there are a few ****ty people in every profession, and that those professions with the higher potential for abuse of powers warrant a bit more transparency than others? Cops, as well as congressmen, or really any public sector worker with power over other peoples' lives or livelihoods ought to be subject to a certain level of scrutiny to ensure that their power isn't abused. Can I say that without being labeled an LEO-basher?

They absolutely should be scrutinized.....and they are. Far more than just about anyone else in the public sector.

There are good people, and there are bad people. Everyone has their good moments, everyone has their ****up moments. That applies for the general population as well as the police force. You know the police force are just members of the general population too, they are not cloned in tubes with perfect decision making capability in a secret lab.

But of course training programs for LEO and military can greatly change an individual's mind. People have come out of training programs with greatly changed beliefs and thinking.

What about the deaf guy that got shot?How did that play out?I am having difficulty with that one.Guy with a knife,close quarters weapon gets shot 4 or 5 times with a gun from where?1 yard,10 yards.And then it is heard,"he wouldn't drop the knife." He's deaf stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom