• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Deliberate Infringement?

I keep waiting for them to offer an "expeditite fee" so that they can charge us more for items we are already free to own and have already purchased as a way to double down on making us subjects kiss the ring of government for rights government should have no hand in. Damn right its deliberate infringement.

I remember when Silencer Shop released the kiosks and online options, it was supposed to make it easier for the ATF and improve wait times......WRONG!!!

However, it did make it easier and streamline for us to buy them. I’ve bought a lot more than I would have without it.

As the wait for forms has bounced between 1 year- 9 months to forever, we have seen no improvement in getting our owned suppressors cleared to take home.

Are we at a point that this is deliberate?
The National Firearms Act (NFA), 73rd Congress, Sess. 2, ch. 757, 48 Stat. 1236, enacted on June 26, 1934,
In 1934 they raised the price of gold to $35 an ounce. So your $200 dollar tax stamp would cost 5.7 ounces of gold.
Today spot gold is 1511.35 an ounce so in todays dollars your 1934 tax stamp would cost almost 9k.
So are you thinking that there was anything fair about the unconstitutional deprivation of our rights?

The National Firearms Act (NFA), 73rd Congress, Sess. 2, ch. 757, 48 Stat. 1236, enacted on June 26, 1934,
In 1934 they raised the price of gold to $35 an ounce. So your $200 dollar tax stamp would cost 5.7 ounces of gold.
Today spot gold is 1511.35 an ounce so in todays dollars your 1934 tax stamp would cost almost 9k.
So are you thinking that there was anything fair about the unconstitutional deprivation of our rights?

I’m amazed that the price of the tax stamp was never struck down.

That was defacto elimination of entire classes of guns.

Imo yes . In the 1930s when the nfa act was signed into law that $200 hit the brakes for a ton of people.

Fast forward to today. $200 ain’t much. So all you can do from a regulation standpoint is to make the wait so long people say “no way, I’m not waiting a year “

People do that and never buy . Then you have people like myself . I don’t care how long the wait is . I’ll wait . Freedom isn’t free and it isn’t quick either . You ain’t getting rid of me so they give up my stuff .

Granted you could meet a new girl , impregnate her and literally meet your new child faster than you can buy a suppressor but hey at least this ain’t the people’s republic of china .

The ones who are the most stubborn refuse to buy because of the $200 tax . I really wish they would look around and see the taxes they pay on their land/ houses , cars , food and everything else . It’s the same crap just buy the damn thing and call it a day

Back
Top Bottom